Renaming episode files based on folder name

Support for Windows users
di4medollaz

Renaming episode files based on folder name

Post by di4medollaz »

so i am using sonarr right now to rename stuff on my new NAS right now but its a big hassle as i have tons of files. It takes forever cleaning up my library and i want something easy.

My question is 75% of my files are named wierdly here is a example. The folder is semi proper like " doctor.who.2005.s09e10 but the MKV file inside the folder is giberish "azfyrtun78oyhdhkjh.mkv"

so if i slide the file folder with the wierd MKV thats inside it into filebot will it still rename the gibberish part because the folder is somewhat properly Named? or is it the MKV file that has to get dragged in
and not the folder with the file?
rednoah
The Source

Re: before i buy i have a quesion

Post by rednoah »

It'll work:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r . --db TheTVDB --action TEST
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Doctor Who 2005]
Fetching episode data for [Doctor Who (2005)]
[TEST] from [doctor.who.2005.s09e10/azfyrtun78oyhdhkjh.mkv] to [doctor.who.2005.s09e10/Doctor Who (2005) - 9x10 - Face The Raven.mkv]
Processed 1 files

You could also consider pre-processing files first so that the filenames make more sense when matching them against TheTVDB:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename -r . --db xattr -non-strict --action TEST --format "{folder}/{folder.name}"
Rename files using [Extended Attributes]
[TEST] from [doctor.who.2005.s09e10/azfyrtun78oyhdhkjh.mkv] to [doctor.who.2005.s09e10/doctor.who.2005.s09e10.mkv]
Processed 1 files
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.