are you sure you want to permanently delete this file

Support for Windows users
Solonor

are you sure you want to permanently delete this file

Post by Solonor »

It looks like file bot updated sometime last week as the icon was gone from my pin taskbar. I use windows 10 and would load my files from a network share to process. Just this past week i started receiving "are you sure you want to permanently delete this file" or folder for every file it over writes or movie folder it has to delete. I've gone though the windows 10 google searches with moving a folder there from my user dir and unchecking in recycling bin and it still does it.

I'm wondering where filebot installs too so i can try to run it as a different user or something, right now from the store i cant do much for setting changes.

Any input would be great as it only seems to be when filebot trys to execute the deletion.

Also i just want to note the windows store is frustrating and i wish you would go back to a stand alone installer and setup.
Solonor

Re: are you sure you want to permanently delete this file

Post by Solonor »

Update: I reinstalled filebot and now the folder deletion is no longer prompting, but if i have to overwrite an existing file it still prompts to delete it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. I don't think anybody has ever reported an issue such as this. Do you have screenshots of the error message?

Windows Store apps are licensed to your Microsoft login and run in a sandbox, so you can't run them as admin, and you probably can't run them with another user. There's also no exe file that you can double click to run in the traditional way.

:?: What do you find frustrating about the Store? (apart from this particular issue which seems to be isolated to your specific setup)

The traditional installer is an option, but it's significantly more expensive since it makes my life significantly harder:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5729
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Solonor

Post by Solonor »

it looks like a regular windows message which was leading me down the road of permissions or how the program itself is executed and to try to troubleshoot that way but cant really.

It's strange as it just started this past week and i haven't made any changes to my download box or PC.

Normally in the past i would just hit override and continue and off it would go but now i have to click though each delete prompt. I pull from a few RSS feeds so duplicates are very common for me.

it very well could be a windows setting so I'm open to try anything.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you reproduce the issue on a local drive? e.g. processing files from / to your Desktop
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.