Question about new License Needed and running Filebot Java code

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
davespriet

Question about new License Needed and running Filebot Java code

Post by davespriet »

Hello,

In the past I purchased a license for windows but since then I have moved my renaming activities to a small linux based virtual machine where I have been running filebot via Java Code.

I notice now you require a license to run Filebot. I am wondering how can I purchase a license so I can continue to use the Java Based Filebot which I am using in my infrastructure. I did notice a message that says donations should be sent via https://www.patreon.com/filebot

Do you get a license file if you donate or do you have another means (not windows or Mac) of purchasing a license?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Question about new License Needed and running Filebot Java code

Post by rednoah »

I'm currently working on my own purchase / license system. But it's work in progress and might still take a few weeks.

:idea: There's currently no official version for Linux, but the previous FileBot 4.7.9 release should still mostly work, so I recommend using that in the meanwhile. You can find it on SourceForge if you search for FileBot.

:idea: Patreon is something I'm trying, since some time ago, but I'm also working on a traditional per-user license system. You're welcome to join the Patreon on principle, but it's for from even reaching the first minor goal, so I'll probably won't ever collect any pledges, and the per-user license system will probably be the way to go once everything is working.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.