How to buy Filebot for a Seedbox?

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
Night-Man

How to buy Filebot for a Seedbox?

Post by Night-Man »

Hey, just wondering how to buy FIlebot for a headless server I use for a seedbox. I'd like a deb file. Whats the easiest way to do this. Or can this be done with snap?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to buy Filebot for a Seedbox?

Post by rednoah »

If you're interested in FileBot for Linux, please support this Patreon and pledge at least $1 towards every new release:
https://www.patreon.com/filebot

There is currently no publicly available builds of the latest revision, other than the venerable FileBot 4.7.9 which purrs just fine still.

:idea: Note that I have been approached in private, and offered vast sums of USD or BTC, for private builds and hands-on support, which I could hardly decline. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Night-Man

Post by Night-Man »

Ah okay gotcha. I'm on the broker side. So I try to avoid automatic payments to avoid overdrawing my bank account. But I guess I'll just snag the 4.7.9 and toss ya some money on paypal.
Night-Man

Post by Night-Man »

And thanks! My seedbox couldn't run without your software!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

$3 to $4 per year will hardly contribute to overdrawing anything. :lol:
Night-Man

Post by Night-Man »

Fair, but my bank account often sits close to 0 til I before payday. And it seems like it's a monthly withdrawal, and something I'd prolly forget about. I try to avoid subscriptions. I sent ya like $15 USD though.
FadeAway12
Donor

Post by FadeAway12 »

Hey rednoah :)

did you remove the 4.7.9 version? I am happy to become a patreon over time but would like to know if there is any version available right now which I can test on a seedbox.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

All prior release files are on SF.net as far as I know. The Synology NAS repository relies on the SF.net download mirrors as well, and nobody has complained so far. Though there do seem to be intermittent SF.net website issues.

It also gets taken down occasionally as users complain that FileBot isn't "free" anymore. That usually gets fixed within a few days by the SF.net staff when I remind them that "open source != free of charge".

Regardless, if you use FileBot (any version) then it's only reasonable to support the Patreon, even though it doesn't currently give you access to any newer builds (as the goal of 1000 supporters has not be reached yet):
https://www.patreon.com/filebot
pablokbs

Post by pablokbs »

Hello, seems like the files on SourceForge are not working (getting 404 on all of them) can you please upload this file to another place?

filebot_4.7.7_noarch.ipk

I'm happy to become a Patreon, but right now I need a linux package