[SNAP] java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
Digger427

[SNAP] java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException

Post by Digger427 »

I installed FileBot as a snap in Linux Mint 18.3 and I have the same issues.

FileBot does not have the permissions to view any folders on the system other than the /home folder. (or so it tells me)
And yes, I did chmod -R the permissions on the /mnt folder to 777 just to be sure. and the program is listed as "java" and run by my user in the system monitor.

So I moved some files in to the install directory "/home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/"
Now I could at least load the files and FileBot figured out how to rename them.
But it does not have permission to rename them.

Until someone smarter than I figures this out I will use a Win7 Box to run FileBot over the network.

Here is some of the errors:

Code: Select all

Mar 18, 2018 7:17:03 PM net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction lambda$actionPerformed$1
SEVERE: AccessDeniedException: /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv -> /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie (2017).mkv
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv -> /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie (2017).mkv
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$actionPerformed$1(RenameAction.java:91)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.withWaitCursor(SwingUI.java:324)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.actionPerformed(RenameAction.java:69)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS.mkv -> /home/Digger427/snap/filebot/Video/Movie (2017).mkv
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.moveRename(FileUtilities.java:85)
	at net.filebot.StandardRenameAction$1.rename(StandardRenameAction.java:22)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction$StandardRenameWorker.call(RenameAction.java:249)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction$StandardRenameWorker.call(RenameAction.java:222)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.ProgressMonitor$1.call(ProgressMonitor.java:27)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)

Here is the errors when trying to access another hard drive:

Mar 18, 2018 11:59:27 AM net.filebot.ui.transfer.FileTransferable getFilesFromTransferable
WARNING: GVFS: file:///mnt/LANDING/Old%20Uploads/complete/Movie.1080.BluRay.x264.DTS-NoGroup => java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/LANDING/Old Uploads/complete/Movie.1080.BluRay.x264.DTS-NoGroup

Mar 18, 2018 5:02:43 PM net.filebot.ui.transfer.TransferablePolicy canImport
WARNING: Owner failed to convert data
java.io.IOException: Owner failed to convert data
	at net.filebot.ui.transfer.FileTransferable.getFilesFromTransferable(FileTransferable.java:97)
	at net.filebot.ui.transfer.FileTransferablePolicy.accept(FileTransferablePolicy.java:17)
	at net.filebot.ui.transfer.TransferablePolicy.canImport(TransferablePolicy.java:24)
	at net.filebot.ui.transfer.DefaultTransferHandler.canImport(DefaultTransferHandler.java:40)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot fails because of permissions

Post by rednoah »

Are files located in YOUR home folder?

:idea: If FileBot is running as one user, trying to access files in the $HOME of another user, then the SNAP sandbox will probably prohibit that.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5139
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Digger427

Re: [SNAP] java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException

Post by Digger427 »

Yes, The files I tested were in the Filebot folder of the user I am logged in as (Digger427).

However I have looked that the thread that you referenced and that may be the issue I am having. I need to give snap access to the /mnt folder. I will re install and see if that clears up all my access issues.

Thank you,