The.Knick.S01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/The.Knick.S01E09.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4
The.Knick.S01.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/The.Knick.S01E09.REAL.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4
# --conflict
or something like:

Code: Select all

Person.of.Interest.S02.HDTV.x264-LOL/person.of.interest.221.hdtv-lol.mp4
Person.of.Interest.S02.HDTV.x264-LOL/person.of.interest.22.hdtv-lol.mp4
# obviously 2x22 but identified as 1x22
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Handling REAL and mislabeled episodes

Post by rednoah »

How would you like to resolve that conflict? If you pass in --conflict auto then FileBit will keep the better file. You could also add fn.match(/REAL/) to your format to keep the REAL marker in the destination file path.

You can use --filter to nudge things into the right direction by forcing the season if you're processing things yourself on the command-line:

--filter "s == 2"
In a fully automated scenario, if you process episodes that have recently aired, then an age filter might make sense:

--filter "age < 7"
@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2127
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
devster

Post by devster »

In the first case the REAL actually means 1x09, while the non-real one is 1x08.
The filters are what I'm using for now but it means I need to manually post-process the season/show instead of having it be automatically moved.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you use an age filter, then the SxE basically doesn't matter and it'll always match whatever episode has aired this week. So you would be able to process 1x09 last week and 1x09 this week and end up with different matches depending on whatever episode aired recently at the time of processing. But this approach will only work if you do process files at the right point in time, and won't work for old releases.
devster

Post by devster »

In my case it's mostly season packs and older releases so I guess I'll have to keep going manually.
Hence the following 2 questions:
  • Is there a way to just "tag" files by encoding extended attributes and doing nothing else? This way I could just tag them and leave the post-processing automated (although I think for torrents this change might still break the download)
  • Alternatively is there any way to tell FileBot to completely ignore a series besides using --filter? This is what I'm currently using but it can happen that instead of skipping the processing it forces a match on the second-best found match.

Auto-detected query: [The Strain]
    Fetching episode data for [The Strain]
    Fetching episode data for [The Stranger]
    Fetching episode data for [The Stray Cat]
    If I put The Strain in the list of filters I'll get the episodes linked to The Stranger instead.
    Also I'm using transmission so label is a no-go and I'm not really using a different folder, so regexes are kind of clunky for ignore.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm not quite clear on your use case, but a general solution would be to use --conflict indexed so it'll always process your files, never override existing files, and just add some numbers to the filename if necessary, so you can figure out later which you wanna keep.
devster

Post by devster »

The use case is quite simple, I often download old season packs and they are sometimes mislabeled. I wanted a way to selectively turn off the script transmission runs after every download but it's more cumbersome than having FileBot skip post-processing on selected files. As of right now I solved it with a combination of --filter and the AMC setting --def excludeList and just wait to post-process them on my own.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If it's a common scenario, then I'd use some label in the torrent app, and then not call filebot in your postprocess script if that label is set.

Alternatively, you can also use the --def ignore option to ignore file paths that match a certain pattern. Maybe something like /S[0-9].COMPLETE/ will do.
devster

Post by devster »

Unfortunately transmission doesn't have labels...yet...
I'm experimenting with ignore most season packs have similar naming conventions.