Original Movie Folder Sorter by genre and create Symlinks

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
trxtrx

Original Movie Folder Sorter by genre and create Symlinks

Post by trxtrx »

Hello all,

first of all, i want to express my gratitude for your hard work and dedication with this application.

In the last days i keep browsing this forums looking for something to fit my needs. Let me try to explain it, the most accurate as i can.

I am willing to pay for a customized application that help me do this, with some more features (easy ones i think)

I have my movies sorted by Letters. Inside each letter i have original movie release.

0-9, A, B, C...Z
---------> A
---------> Another.Animation.Movie.Release.x264.1080-iND
----------> AAMR1080.r00 -> AAMR1080.rar

and so on, till Letter Z

What i need is to:

1) For example, Inside Letter A, execute GUI or command line and create folder _SORTED with symlinks inside:

A
---> _SORTED
------> GENRE
--------> Animation
------------> symlink for Another.A.Movie.Release.x264.1080-iND (which stays intact inside A folder)

2) Don't want to extract anything, want to keep original folder name and content intact.

3) Basically i need something to help me sort folders, after querying any database.

4) KODI do a great job on this, there are a lot of Media managers for movies, but all of them requires the movie to be extracted and folders renamed.

5) It is possible to do an apllication to look inside KODI Sorted files and arrange the folders accordingly?

Feel free to ask me things,

Regards,
rednoah
The Source

Re: Original Movie Folder Sorter by genre and create Symlinks

Post by rednoah »

1. and 3.
Organizing files is easy. A custom format that takes the original location into account will probably get the job done.

You can't have genre and not extract archives. You have FileBot identify all video files and then process them accordingly with genre being known at that point. Or you treat files as plain files without identifying them at all, in which case you can process any kind of files, except you won't know the genre.

Yes, and so does FileBot. FileBot will ignore non-video files when trying to identify movies. Just extract all your archives. FileBot will happily do that for you. :D

I have no idea what you want here. If you're asking if FileBot can read the Kodi database then the answer is no.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
trxtrx

Post by trxtrx »

Thank you Rednoah! :)

Will you be willing to think in specifically help me, apart Filebot scope?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not particularly, since the FileBot scope already includes all the interesting bits and pieces.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.