Select and move files were video codec is x264

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
NapoleonAG

Select and move files were video codec is x264

Post by NapoleonAG »

hello—
I'm new to scripting for FileBot, so I'm sorry. I have been trying to find a way to have FileBot use its function of -mediainfo to move media files that aren't x264, live XVID to a separate folder to be Converted.

I'm using this to scan my folder:

Code: Select all

Filebot -mediainfo "Z:\videos\" -r --format "{fn} {ext} {resolution} {vc} {af}" 
I was trying to use --filter "resolution<>x264 no good.

I only want to keep the MPG4 and x264 (for Roku). I'm trying to keep everything direct play; no transcoding. If it’s not directly compatible with Roku I'd like to convert it.

I'd speculate if I could output a list (txt) of just the undesired files (AVC, XVID, DIVX, etc..), I could write another script to process that list for video conversion.

I can't find the information I'm searching for in the forum; can someone please provide me a reference link?
Thanks in advance...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using the -mediainfo option / sort for conversion

Post by rednoah »

I think you're looking to examples on how to rename generic files (without matching them to online databases):
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788

e.g. try this:

filebot -rename -r /path/to/files --db xattr -non-strict --filter "vf =~ /x264/" --output "/path/to/output/folder" --format "{fn} [{resolution} {vc} {af}]" --action test
-rename ... move files (you can change --action copy to copy files or perform other actions)
--db xattr -non-strict ... match files to local metadata instead of online metadata (-non-strict enables processing of files that have not been tagged with xattr metadata)
--filter "vc =~ /x264/" ... select only files were video codec is x264

:idea: Add --action test the first time around for a dry-run to see what happens. ;)
NapoleonAG

Re: Select and move files were video codec is x264

Post by NapoleonAG »

Thanks for your reply.
I was not actually looking to rename the files. I just wanted to use the '-medainfo' option to identify and then move the files that were not x264 into a folder where those videos could be converted to a standard h.264/MP4 format.

But with the information you provided, I was able to make it work.

This is what I did:

filebot -rename "Z:\SourcePath" --db xattr -non-strict --filter "vc =~ /AVC/" --output "Z:\Reconvert" --format "{fn}" --action move
This will allow me to scan my video folder, weed out the non-standard video formats (e.g. AVC) to a staging folder for reconversion with HandBrake. As I find other video formats, I'll do another cmd line to look for that format (e.g. XVID).

Thank you very much.
I appreciate it…