FileBot Disappears - but Icon stays...?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
FlashGordon2017

FileBot Disappears - but Icon stays...?

Post by FlashGordon2017 »

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_121 / Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)

Filebot purchased via Windows Store originally a few months ago.

Hi,
I have noticed a few times in recent weeks, that FileBot has become totally unresponsive out of the blue, and it claims it can't find certain files, etc. when trying to open. I should have tried to capture a screenshot but forgot.

I then cannot clean uninstall the program as it is not listed in Control Panel, so I can reload from the Windows Store - which states it is already installed.

Luckily, I have a recent computer Drive backup image, so I can replace the drive with, but then, although I get a working FileBot back, I then have to go through all the various recent updates for the computer, all over again.

Obviously it would be nice to know why FileBot gets broken, but more importantly, what would be the best way to CLEAN uninstall the FileBot program completely, to initiate a good download replacement from the Windows store, without having to restore a previous Drive Image?

Cheers

FG
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Disappears - but Icon stays...?

Post by rednoah »

Might be a Windows Store issue. Windows Store apps are self-contained so the OS can easily remove and reinstall them completely without making a mess.

You can uninstall Windows Store apps by long-pressing the tile and then selecting Uninstall. The Software Control Panel is for legacy applications. Not sure if it works for Windows Store apps. The tile menu is definitely easier though.

PS: Make sure you have Creators Update with all the latest updates.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FlashGordon2017

"PS: Make sure you have Creators Update with all the latest updates."

Hi,

What are these?

Cheers.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's a Windows Update, so you probably just need to use Windows Update until it says no more updates.

@see https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... rs-update/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FlashGordon2017

rednoah wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 09:47 It's a Windows Update, so you probably just need to use Windows Update until it says no more updates.

@see https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... rs-update/
The latest is actually coming through as I write this, having gone back to latest image, to retrieve working Filebot. This time I have uninstalled FileBot, so hopefully it will reinstall after the Windows Update, without any issues.