Issue with Scaling of Windows on High DPI Display

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
UWK87

Issue with Scaling of Windows on High DPI Display

Post by UWK87 »

Hi,

I just purchased the app from windows store and the issue I face is that the content is extremely small, nearly unreadable. I believe there is an issue with high dpi screen scaling.

For your reference:
Running Surface Pro 4 - Win 10 x64 - 200%Scaling

Kindly help me sort it out. I also left a 2 star review on the store, and I thought that wasn't nice so came here created an account to post the problem here for you to resolve. I apologize for that but I will definitely change it once the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

edited: to add images/screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Re: Issue with Scaling of Windows on High DPI Display

Post by rednoah »

High DPI is currently not supported. Ideally, Windows would scale it so that it's bigger but blurry instead of crisp but small. Not sure if there's a setting for that so you can force it.

Proper High DPI support will come in October so a real solution is in the works and will be available in a few months.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
UWK87

Post by UWK87 »

Oh I see. It's gonna take a lot of time hmm. I feel like I spend 10$ for something I wont be able to use (atleast not till the DPI update) :P

Anyhow thanks for taking time to respond to the query. I will change the review on store so that your application reviews aren't affected. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's not quite a replacement for the GUI, but using the amc script with --mode interactive from CMD or PowerShell should work well enough to get your files sorted out, if you don't mind using the command-line anyway. :ugeek:
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Looks like this ONLY works on Linux ?
Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.exec(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:169)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.saveTerminalSettings(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:117)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTerminal.aquire(UnixLikeTerminal.java:77)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.realAquire(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:87)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.<init>(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:78)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.CygwinTerminal.<init>(CygwinTerminal.java:59)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createCygwinTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:414)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createWindowsTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:409)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:117)
at net.filebot.cli.CmdlineOperationsTextUI.<init>(CmdlineOperationsTextUI.java:54)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:22)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:111)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
... 12 more

Failure (°_°)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you using WSL? PowerShell? CMD? Windows 10? Windows 7?

Pretty sure that it was working on Windows 10 last time I checked. Haven't tried it on Windows for a long time though.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

CMD on Win 10 64 bit
UWK87

Post by UWK87 »

Thanks rednoah.. I just ran it on a different system so didn't go the cli route.

One un-related question to the topic, can you add (or is there a feature) that allows you to mass rename series even if they doesn't exist in any of the DB i.e. just an option to rename them without fetching and only using all the data available in the file name it self?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. You're probably looking for Batch Rename any type of file.
UWK87

Post by UWK87 »

Yup exactly what I was looking for ! Thanks !

Awesome App!
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Code: Select all

--mode interactive
Works ok on my Linux pc (the displayed size is a bit small, not all filename in view)
BUT NOT on my CMD on Win 10 64 bit
kim wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 16:02 Looks like this ONLY works on Linux ?
Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/bin/stty": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.exec(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:169)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.saveTerminalSettings(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:117)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTerminal.aquire(UnixLikeTerminal.java:77)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.realAquire(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:87)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.UnixLikeTTYTerminal.<init>(UnixLikeTTYTerminal.java:78)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.ansi.CygwinTerminal.<init>(CygwinTerminal.java:59)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createCygwinTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:414)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createWindowsTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:409)
at com.googlecode.lanterna.terminal.DefaultTerminalFactory.createTerminal(DefaultTerminalFactory.java:117)
at net.filebot.cli.CmdlineOperationsTextUI.<init>(CmdlineOperationsTextUI.java:54)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:22)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:111)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
... 12 more

Failure (°_°)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.7.19 is now available in the Microsoft Store and bundled with JDK 9 for proper HiDPI support on Windows 10.
easy90rider

Post by easy90rider »

Is it possible to disable scaling?

Filebot from MS store looks really bad on 125% scale.

Not only icons are too big and pixelated, but also text from New names is cut.

Here you can see what I mean.
https://imgur.com/a/ZWZBN
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I recommend using 100% or 200% scaling. Non-integer scale factors like 1.25 are difficult to support.

That's what Mac OS only does 1x, 2x and 4x scaling instead of arbitrary scale factors in between.
easy90rider

Post by easy90rider »

I know, but I am sure there are a lot of people who use other scaling factors.

1x is too small, I have problems seeing, 1.25x is perfect, 2x is way too big.

Disabling scaling would be fine, because Windows 10 scaling is really good. As you could see with 4.7.9 I had no issues because of scaling.

I think that now I have double scaling, one done by Windows and the other one by your app.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, it's not possible for me to disable scaling without also breaking FileBot for everyone who uses and requires 2x scaling or above due to layout issues.

FileBot 4.7.9 is scale-aware, but doesn't actually scale correctly, so it works on 1.0 and 1.25 but layouts completely break at 1.5 or above.

Windows 10 scaling is never used with any version of FileBot, but you may be able to find a way to force Windows to render FileBot at 1x and then scale to 1.25 but I'm not sure if these compatibility settings exist or how to activate them. Google might help you find a solution.

EDIT:

You could try to set this FILEBOT_OPTS environment variable and see if it makes a difference:

Code: Select all

-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r5697 comes with a few little hacks that'll things look a bit better on 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 scale factors, at least the icons:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6006