Blank screen with tvdb !!

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
vincen

Blank screen with tvdb !!

Post by vincen »

Hi

New user of Filebot I really appreciate that tool but I have a little issue sometimes when I select TVDB as database. Most time I select TVDB and then it automatically recognises and everything fine, sometimes it asks to select among a list which is fine also, and sometimes after having selected the correct show among a list it reopens a new dialog box completely empty and it hangs there :(
Ubuntu 16.04.2, Filebot 4.7.9 installed from package.

Thanks

Vincèn
rednoah
The Source

Re: Blank screen with tvdb !!

Post by rednoah »

Looks like something is wrong with the underlying rendering engine. Not something a code change in FileBot can fix anyway.

Upgrading to the latest version of Java and Ubuntu might do the trick, but no promises. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 08:44Upgrading to the latest version of Java and Ubuntu might do the trick, but no promises. ;)
Well I'm not going to reinstall my computer for that :( and Java is more or less up to date on it so probably a graphic problem so no solution I guess ? :(
I tried the snap version instead of the deb one but same which could be expected if it's really a problem with graphic environnemnt !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the OpenJDK or the OracleJDK? I'd give the OracleJDK a try.
vincen

Post by vincen »

rednoah wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 03:30 Are you using the OpenJDK or the OracleJDK? I'd give the OracleJDK a try.
I get this in terminal when checking version of Java:

Code: Select all

root@Fixe-Ubuntu:~# java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)
root@Fixe-Ubuntu:~# 
Is it ok ?

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That java -version looks like the one for the Oracle JDK. The snap is bundled with OpenJDK, so I guess we know that it doesn't work with either of them.

Nothing you can do for now. Java 9 will come soon with some major changes, so this issue might have been fixed as well.
jbigler

Post by jbigler »

I'm still experiencing the same thing when using Filebot 4.7.9 on Arch Linux with either
Oracle Java version "1.8.0_162"
or OpenJDK version "1.8.0_144".
There are no errors in the console. I have only had this error occur when using the Rename function with "TheTVDB" provider and it pops up a window confirming which show in a list. The blank window then pops up and I have to kill the process. Has anyone found a workaround for this?