Intermittent errors.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rogerwood

Intermittent errors.

Post by rogerwood »

I have a vm setup with Ubuntu 16.04. It runs a cron task every so often that rsyncs with a remote server and then run filebot with the amc script.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/mnt/nas1/Video/" --action move -non-strict "/mnt/nas1/SyncedWithServer/TV" --log-file tv.log --def subtitles=en --def artwork=y --def clean=y --def unsorted=y
I'm using a deb file that I found a reference to here on the forums. FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984). I did purchase a copy of the Windows Store and Ubuntu Store, but I couldn't get the snappy version to work with my scripts.

Is there anything I can do to get these intermittent errors to go away? The error files can be found here: http://tamarau.com/errors.zip

Code: Select all

java -version
java version "1.8.0_151"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Intermittent errors.

Post by rednoah »

Those are JVM crash logs. Since it's the underlying platform that's crashing, there's nothing that FileBot can do about. The crash logs in particular indicate that it's crashing during the GC phase, which I haven't seen before, so there's probably something strange going on on your particular machine or VM.

However, I recommend using the latest version of the OpenJDK, ideally the latest version of everything including newer versions of Ubuntu and VirtualBox or whatever VM software you're using. Using the latest Oracle JDK instead of OpenJDK is worth a shot as well.

You could also consider using the docker container, which should eliminate any kinds of compatibility issues of your OS that might be crashing the JVM.

Using the snap might be worth a try as well. If you're using the snap, then you need to enable access permissions manually since snap applications are by default not allowed to randomly access your file system, especially not /mnt/**.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rogerwood

Re: Intermittent errors.

Post by rogerwood »

Awesome. I'll give option 2 a try today. Thanks for the help and the app. Great work!