Presets are gone after upgrade to 4.8

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
donileo

Presets are gone after upgrade to 4.8

Post by donileo »

So I upgraded Filebot to 4.8 via the Mac App Store and now my presets are gone. I am on High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E199). Where are they usually stored on OS X? I do backups so its possible I can restore them but they definitely should not have been deleted in the first place.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Presets are gone after upgrade to 4.8

Post by rednoah »

All application data is stored in ~/Library/Containers/net.filebot.FileBot and macOS shouldn't touch that folder during upgrade. It might be removed if you uninstall the app though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
donileo

Post by donileo »

When I attempted to do the upgrade through the Mac App Store the initial update failed. And then after attempting later it worked. Maybe its possible the App store removed the application and reinstalled it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That sounds like macOS may have used some fail-safe uninstall / install hack if something didn't work. Unfortunately, that means FileBot can do anything about it, as FileBot is never running, and isn't allowed to store state in non-default locations due to sandboxing.

You should be able to restore from backup simply by restoring the ~/Library/Containers/net.filebot.FileBot folder though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.