Wont Launch anymore [Solved, Thanks to "rednoah"]

Any questions? Need some help?
MikeKatina

Wont Launch anymore [Solved, Thanks to "rednoah"]

Post by MikeKatina »

Hi, I've been using FileBot on and off for a few years, to rename my tv shows. I saw that there was an update so I downloaded 4.0 (Windows installer "Win7 64 bits") and it wont launch anymore.

I have tried with and without avast antivirus, no go, tried with and without Comodo firewall, even uninstalled that but still wont work (also shut down the windows firewall). I've updated what I could find of Java, no go there either.

So I said, let's see where it hangs . . . I use System Explorer as a task manager as it's way better than MS, so when I double click the icon it placed on the desktop (as and not as administrator) it launches:

- filebot.launcher.exe *32

and that one in turn launches;

- javaw.exe *32

and then they both stop, no error messages or nothing.

I have downloaded the windows installer multiple times, downloaded the zip, downloaded the portable version as well, I'm lost and need me a filebot guru . . . Help !!! :D
Last edited by MikeKatina on 19 Apr 2014, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Wont Launch anymore

Post by rednoah »

filebot guru to the rescue!~

No idea, never had anything like this. Can you try running filebot from console and see what happens?

Code: Select all

filebot -version

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Run GUI with cmdline:

filebot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MikeKatina

Post by MikeKatina »

ok, tried all that and I still have no clue as to what's wrong.

At the same time, I have written a rename script a while back, can you tell me in which folder and what file that would be ? I was thinking of just deleting the filebot folders and get rid of all the registry keys associated with filebot and do a clean install, but i'd really like to keep that script ;)

I am linking SS I took with all the information you want, i hope it helps, filebot is fantastic :D

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I remember that one, apparently Java Swing Windows LaF is broken if you mess with the Window themes. So your custom theme is breaking Java Swing. :P

Have you tried the filebot.platform.exe launcher?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MikeKatina

Post by MikeKatina »

Have you tried the filebot.platform.exe launcher?
First this did nothing but . . .
apparently Java Swing Windows LaF is broken if you mess with the Window themes. So your custom theme is breaking Java Swing. :P
You, my friend, hit that one right on the nail !!! :D

I reverted to win7's "ugly" aero theme and without even rebooting, it worked, It's Fantastic !!! Whoot !!!

I guess the SS were useful after all :D

TYVM :D