How to change the directory AMC moves media to

Any questions? Need some help?
LegendsCoach

How to change the directory AMC moves media to

Post by LegendsCoach »

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:\Movies" --action move -non-strict --conflict auto --def artwork=y "Z:\Downloads\PVR\Movies" --log-file amc.log --def clean=y

I am a newbie trying to figure out how to prevent the above script from dropping the renamed files into a sub folder called Movies on Z:\Movies. What I end up with is : Z:\Movies\Movies\The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007). What I would like is the movie to land right inside the first movie folder. When I tried to change the output to "Z:\Movies\{n} ({y})\{n}" I got the following error.

"Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: Z:\Movies\{n} ({y})\{n}
Failure (°_°"

I am sure that I am doing something stupid. Please help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to change the directory AMC moves media to

Post by rednoah »

Set --output to your media root folder, and let FileBot create the Movies folder:

Code: Select all

--output "Z:/Media"

PS: --output and --format have a distinctiviely different meaning and purpose. The former is the output folder, the latter is the naming format, and together the make up the destination path. If you want to use custom formats in the amc script, you will find a section in the amc script manual dedicated to just that. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
LegendsCoach

Post by LegendsCoach »

Thank you. Stupid question. Will that put the renamed files in "Z:\Media" or "Z:|Movies"? Also I am trying to use the same sort of script with my tv episodes. In that case I want to drop the files into folder named just TV not TV Shows on my "Z:\" drive. Will that output fix the same problem with them?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That'll put Movie files into Z:/Media/Movies and TV show files into Z:/Media/TV Shows.

Using custom formats is possible of course, but you'll need to read the manual thoroughly for that one. I recommend sticking to the defaults. ;)
LegendsCoach

Post by LegendsCoach »

Again so thankful for your help. My problem is I have rather large media libraries in folders named "Movies" and "TV" that are fed by a number of different applications. It would be a real pain to rename the folders and then track down all the instances where they are referenced. Could you perhaps help me with the syntax for a custom format? I tried this

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:\Movies\{n} ({y})\{n}" " --action move -non-strict --conflict auto --def artwork=y "Z:\Downloads\PVR\Movies" --log-file amc.log --def clean=y

and got this error message "Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory". What did I do wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--output expects a valid folder path, not a format expression.

You'll have to use custom formats. Read the Change how files will be organized and renamed section for details on how to use custom formats in the amc script. You'll also want to look into the {plex} binding.
LegendsCoach

Post by LegendsCoach »

OK, so then how do I implement a format expression in the script so it will prevent the creation of the "Movie" or "TV Show" sub folders?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote:Plex has strict standards for naming and organizing your media files.

Movies/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009)
TV Shows/Alias/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told
You get Movies / TV Shows folders because that's what {plex} (the default format) evaluates to.

rednoah wrote:e.g. Firefly/Season 01/Firefly - S01E01 - Serenity

{plex.tail}
You'll have to pass in your own format, one that evaluates to the path you want.

rednoah wrote:Change how files will be organized and renamed:
This script uses multiple format expressions, so the simple --format option is not supported. You can override the default naming schemes via --def seriesFormat, animeFormat or movieFormat. Relative paths will be resolved against --output and you can use absolute paths if you want to use multiple drives.

--def movieFormat="M:/Movies/{ny}/{fn}" seriesFormat="S:/TV/{n}/{fn}" animeFormat="T:/Anime/{n}/{fn}" musicFormat="N:/Music/{n}/{fn}"
    Did you read this section yet? Seems relevant...
    LegendsCoach

Post by LegendsCoach »

That seems to have done the trick. I am testing now. Many thanks for your help.

For future reference, anyone who is trying to figure out the same type of problem here are the scripts that I found solved the problem

Movies:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:\Movies" --action move  -non-strict --conflict auto --def movieFormat="z:/Movies/{ny}/{ny}" --def artwork=y "Z:\Downloads\PVR\Movies" --log-file amc.log --def clean=y

TV Series

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:\TV" --action copy -non-strict --def seriesFormat="Z:/TV/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {sxe} - {t}" "Z:\Downloads\PVR\TV" --log-file amc.log --action move --def clean=y
    rednoah
    The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote:You can (and should) force Movie/Series/Anime mode by setting --def ut_label accordingly
    If you already know that you're only gonna be processing Movies or TV Shows, one or the other, then you should tell FileBot that, so it doesn't have to figure it out for every single file for itself:

--def ut_label=TV

--def ut_label=Movie