How to get FB to process already-downloaded torrents (DL'd before FB installation)

Any questions? Need some help?
Synk556

How to get FB to process already-downloaded torrents (DL'd before FB installation)

Post by Synk556 »

I'd like it to process some couple of hundred folders that have .rar'd shows in them. Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to get FB to process already-downloaded torrents (DL'd before FB installation)

Post by rednoah »

Use the amc script.

A more detailed task description might allow for more detailed answers here. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Synk556

Re: How to get FB to process already-downloaded torrents (DL'd before FB installation)

Post by Synk556 »

rednoah wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 23:18 Use the amc script.

A more detailed task description might allow for more detailed answers here. ;)

Thanks for the fast response. I used the script in utorrent that gets it to extract, move, rename, etc after a torrent completes. I want to do all that to approximately 150 folders that all have rar'd shows in them, that pre-existed my purchase of FB. Would the AMC script do that, and if so, where can I find it? I apologize for noobness - I've only just now purchased FB.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, it should work out of the box with the amc script as described in the examples in the manual. You might need to set --def extract=y though.

You can also use the GUI to batch extract all the archives before processing them as usual in the Rename panel.

Note that extract and rename are two different tasks. You can't rename the archives, only the video files after extraction.
Synk556

Post by Synk556 »

Thanks. Next question, the amc script extracts a show to the folder where the rar's are, then copies the extracted show to it's final destination, but leaves behind the extracted file, thus doubling disk useage. Is there a way for it to cut and paste rather than copy that file, or, alternatively, to delete that file after copying?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried --action move yet?

There is also an option about deleting extracted files after processing.
Synk556

Post by Synk556 »

Where is that option? I don't see it. And hey, thanks for taking the time for a noob.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That option is part of your command-line call.

If you're not familiar with the command-line, then I strongly recommend sticking to the GUI for now. Your goal can easily be accomplished with the GUI.