Unexpected move/replacement behavior

Any questions? Need some help?
bradleytf

Unexpected move/replacement behavior

Post by bradleytf »

A couple issues I've run into while using the 4.7.21

1. Movie AMC script, it looks like a new behavior adds a CD1 and CD2 tag if I have two copies of the film in any subdirectory in the input directory. Any way to prevent this? (conflict is set to Override)

2. TV AMC script, if I have a duplicate file in the input directory, it'll process one, then leave the other because it says an exact copy already exists. Any way to get it to replace or delete from input directory? (same results with conflict set to both auto and override)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unexpected move/replacement behavior

Post by rednoah »

CD1/2 auto-detection is based on files getting matched to the same movie and having the same media info characteristics (e.g. same resolution, audio/video codec, etc) so if you literally have the same file multiple times, then FileBot will auto-detect a multi-part movie. You can avoid the CD1/2 naming by using a custom format that does not use the {pi} binding, such as Movies/{ny}/{ny}.

That use case is not supported. But finding duplicate files that are the same byte for byte is very easy and there are many tools that can help you delete these kinds of duplicates.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.