Donations

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
rednoah
The Source

Donations

Post by rednoah »

As an End User Application and thanks to the "Donation Reminders" FileBot probably receives a lot more donations than other open-source software, especially libraries. I guess nowadays about 0.1% - 0.5% percent of FileBot users donate average amounts of 5€ to 10€.

Now with "selling" FileBot in the App Store I hope this project will hopefully have enough and more stable funding to share with other amazing open-source software projects.

If you like FileBot and are willing to donate you might also consider donating to these projects as well. Especially if you want enhanced support for related features, and don't forget the library projects. ;)

Funded by your kind donations, here's some of my recent donations to fellow projects:

2580 EUR - OpenSubtitles
1420 EUR - AcoustID
1050 USD - TheTVDB
400 EUR - 7-Zip-JBinding
350 USD - Chocolatey
300 EUR - MediaInfo
150 USD - OMDb API
195 GBP - fanart.tv
120 GBP - metadata-extractor
120 USD - iTerm 2
100 USD - Let's Encrypt
70 EUR - MKVToolNix
60 EUR - SynoCommunity
50 USD - TVRage
35 USD - Eclipse Foundation
25 USD - MetaBrainz Foundation
20 EUR - CyberDuck
20 USD - OpenSSL Software Foundation
20 USD - JNAerator
20 USD - ScalaFX
20 EUR - famfamfam icons
10 USD - SimMetrics
10 EUR - MissileHugger

3000 USD - Ubuntu (instead of paying me 80% of the revenue for the Ubuntu Software Center FileBot sales, they just kept 100% to themselves, and stopped replying to emails)

:idea: If you donate BitCoin I will forward donate everything to projects that only support BitCoin donations for some reason, like OpenSubtitles nowadays.

:idea: TheMovieDB and AniDB don't seem to support / accept donations, so I guess they got their funding figured out. I'd be happy to support these projects as well though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.