Renaming anime with TVDB

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
MarFilot

Renaming anime with TVDB

Post by MarFilot »

I know there are a lot of other threads about renaming anime, but this is a bit different.

I use XBMC. I use both TVDB and ANIDb scrapers.

I find that I have to add EP when I rename with ANIDb, for XBMC to scrape it correctly.
It scraped successfully with ANIDb scraper with the EP, and with TVDB scraper with the EP and absolute ordering ticked.
Naruto Shippuden - EP416 - Formation Of Team Minato, The [720p x264 AAC 2ch]

I rename the same episode with TVDB, but it renames it incorrectly. It's renamed to a wrong episode.
Naruto Shippuden - S04E16 - When You Curse Someone, You Dig Your Own Grave [720p x264 AAC 2ch]

I use the Trakt add-on. It scrobbles the episodes with TVDB, so they have to have the naming scheme SxE when there are more than 1 season.

It scrobbles Arslan Senki (Arslan Senki - 09), because it has 1 season.

My problem lies with TVDB renaming the series wrong.
Can anything be done about TVDB renaming the episode based on the number, 416?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming anime with TVDB

Post by rednoah »

If your files are using airdate/dvd/absolute order than setting airdate/dvd/absolute order in FileBot will ensure that files will be matched to the right episode data.

PS: So you're basically asking "How do I convert absolute numbers to SxE numbers?" which is the most typical anime / media center question and you will find many many threads on how to deal that here in the forums and elsewhere. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

rednoah wrote:If your files are using airdate/dvd/absolute order than setting airdate/dvd/absolute order in FileBot will ensure that files will be matched to the right episode data.

PS: So you're basically asking "How do I convert absolute numbers to SxE numbers?" which is the most typical anime / media center question and you will find many many threads on how to deal that here in the forums and elsewhere. ;)
I want the file to be renamed to SxE correctly. I know how to rename the files with Filebot.
That's the setting that I use

No. That's not what I'm asking.
Filebot's reading the mkv file wrong as you can see in the image.

It should be renamed to
Naruto Shippuden S17E54 The Two Mangekyō
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You have Naruto 416 and you want Naruto S17E54 so that's exactly what you're asking...

If you rename files in Airdate (SxE) mode then SxE takes precedence. If you rename files Absolute (number) mode than Absolute numbering takes precedence.

If you rename "Alias 101" in Airdate (SxE) mode then the S01E01 interpretation will always take precedence over the EP101 interpretation option.

So you rename in Absolute mode to add TITLE information. Now that we have TITLE information it's easy to confirm that Naruto 406 is either E406 or S17E54 because the TITLE will match one and not the other.

@see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid1526250

EDIT:

Here's a lengthy post that will explain things in detail => viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

Amazing logic @rednoah! *2 thumbs up!*
It works amazingly!

One question about the script: how do you run it?
I created a batch file with it, but how to get the script to rename the anime?

However, I know of 1 anime that will need some brainstorming, and that's Fairy Tail S2 or Fairy Tail (2014).
The original Fairy Tail ended back in 2013 I think. They started another in 2014 and its called Fairy Tail (2014) in AniDb and Fairy Tail S2 by fansubbing groups.

I tried your way, but no matter what I do...
renaming [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 61 to Fairy Tail (2014) - E61 - Tartaros Chapter, Prologue The White Legacy (which is the wrong episode by the way) with AniDb, it still gives me Fairy Tail - S02E13 - Super Aerial Battle! Natsu vs. Cobra for TVDB.

I can only rename that anime manually. I do that by dragging it's episode list from Episodes tab to the Rename tab -> New Names, then delete all excess episodes until I'm down to the one. Then I drag Fairy Tail S2 - 61 into Original Files and rename.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1)
If you only need a single piece of episode data you can copy & paste from "Episodes" as well instead of using DnD to drag over the whole list.

2)
If you have entries in both sides you can just click "Match" to have FileBot align the entries. You can also you the mouse to quickly reorder entries.

3)
I tried with "Fairy Tail S2 - 61" and both AniDB and TheTVDB give me results that at first glance look like a good match.

AniDB => Fairy Tail (2014) - E61 [61] - Tartaros Chapter, Prologue: The White Legacy
TheTVDB => Fairy Tail - S02E13 [61] - Super Aerial Battle! Natsu vs. Cobra

EDIT:

So the second screenshot shows the correct match? That doesn't make sense at all... I couldn't even figure that one out! :D

If the filenames are plain misleading you're stuck with matching things up manually.

Though in the CLI you might get away with an age --filter => viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2127
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

The screenshot doesn't show the correct match, but rather what was left of the episode list after I manually deleted what I didn't want.

I didn't know I could copy & paste from Episodes. I did a right-click but nothing happened, but I just tried the shortcut keys and it worked. That could be my only solution to this anime.

For your #2... neither one is the right one, but AniDB came the closest.
But you do realize that when you renamed with AniDB and then tried to rename with TVDB, you get the wrong episode. Something is wrong there.

But, as I said, I'll have to use the copy & paste for this anime.

Thanks again! (Y) (Y)
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

rednoah wrote: ...
Just a small thing:
I want to copy instead of move.

What should I do?

Here's my test scripts:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:renall "C:/Users/MarHutchy/Downloads/uTorrent's Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "C:/Users/MarHutchy/Downloads/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [{vf} {vc} {ac} {af}]" --filter "age < 7" --action test --log info

filebot -script fn:renall "C:/Users/MarHutchy/Downloads/uTorrent's Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db AniDB --filter "age < 7" --action test --log info & filebot -script fn:renall "C:/Users/MarHutchy/Downloads/uTorrent's Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "C:/Users/MarHutchy/Downloads/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t} [{vf} {vc} {ac} {af}]" --filter "age < 7" --action test --log info
EDIT:
Never mind. I just added --action copy.
Had to copy the file somewhere else and test it because it's being seeded.
I'm really getting the hang of this :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm really getting the hang of this
Happy to see that at least some people don't give up immediately once they see a console. It's all really rather simple once you get the hang of it! :ugeek:
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

rednoah wrote:
Happy to see that at least some people don't give up immediately once they see a console. It's all really rather simple once you get the hang of it! :ugeek:
:)

I created my own scripts for dealing with the AniDB to TVDB for my anime.
The script that you gave me for that was too strict.
It just did the renaming, regardless of errors.
kodiuser

Post by kodiuser »

MarFilot wrote: 05 Jul 2015, 21:44
rednoah wrote:

Would you mind sharing your scripts, MarFilot? Your naming format just saved my ass but I would like to know if there's an specific case where you're fixing something I didn't think og.
MarFilot

Post by MarFilot »

kodiuser wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 00:24
MarFilot wrote: 05 Jul 2015, 21:44
rednoah wrote: Happy to see that at least some people don't give up immediately once they see a console. It's all really rather simple once you get the hang of it! :ugeek:

Would you mind sharing your scripts, MarFilot? Your naming format just saved my ass but I would like to know if there's an specific case where you're fixing something I didn't think og.
I have quite a few, because anime like One Piece cannot be renamed with just TVDB.

Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_filter (7 days)

@title Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_filter (7 days)

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db AniDB --filter "age < 7" & filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --filter "age < 7"

pause
Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_filter (30 days)

@title Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_filter (30 days)

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db AniDB --filter "age < 30" & filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --filter "age < 30"

pause
Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_no filter

@title Rename Anime (AniDB_TVDB)_no filter

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db AniDB & filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (AniDB_TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"

pause
Rename Anime (TVDB)_filter (7 days)

@title Rename Anime (TVDB)_filter (7 days)

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --filter "age < 7"

pause
Rename Anime (TVDB)_filter (30 days)

@title Rename Anime (TVDB)_filter (30 days)

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --filter "age < 30"

pause
Rename Anime (TVDB)_no filter

@title Rename Anime (TVDB)_no filter

@echo off

filebot -script fn:renall "D:/uTorrent Downloads/ANIME_Filebot (TVDB)" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "D:/MEDIA/ANIME/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"

pause