[Request] Order Select

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Reneg

[Request] Order Select

Post by Reneg »

Hi,

Thanks for your Renamer (I think it is the best)....

Now :) , my request is :

Is it possible to add a selection Menu for (Air or DVD order) , for TheTVDB database ?.

I need Italian title, and TVDB has a good database for us.

thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Request] Order Select

Post by rednoah »

Right now I settled on DVD order for TheTVDB. Problem is of course that other sources don't work as alternative for localised titles... I plan on making that selectable. But only after the next TheTVDB api update which brings better management of sort orders.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Btw just out of interest why do you prefer airdate order over DVD order?? As far as I know media center like filebot prefer DVD order over airdate, DVD order makes more sense in most cases. Airdate is often messed by the network and breaks the flow of the show.

So why don't u change you're file order to DVD? What's the downside?
Reneg

Post by Reneg »

Hi!, glad for your quick answer.

It's not so important the way how my episodes are sorted, but the original release has airdate order and TVDB can handle both!
I thought that add this feature in Filebot could be usefull for who has AirDate Releases (in this way it's possible to decide wich order) and filebot become more rich of function.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So your point is not that you want Airdate order but that since FileBot matches your airdate SxE with TheTVDB DVD SxE it causes miss matches everything?

Try this:
1. Match via TVRage (Airdate) and get titles for your episodes but kill SxE via format, e.g. {n} - {t}
2. Match with TheTVDB (English) so now you'll get DVD SxE by episode title
2. Match again using TheTVDB (Italian) to get Italian titles by DVD SxE

Maybe sounds a bit complicated but it'll take less than a minute.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

btw if you use IMDb do you get English titles or Italian ones? Someone once said that the IMDb page scraper returns results according to your geo-location, i.e. italian titles if you are in Italy etc
Reneg

Post by Reneg »

I'll try as soon as possible and I'll let you know.

IMDB database is not so good for Italian titles. Tryed few time but I always got English title!

Thanks for yours suggestions
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure if it's still that way. It's just how the website used to work at some point, at the scraper is really just extracting info from the normal website. So if you get italian titles when browsing through imdb you might just get italian titles when using imdb datasource in filebot.
Reneg

Post by Reneg »

Tryed : TvRage -> TVDB (Eng) -> TVDB (Ita)

But something is wrong
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So this image is after the TVRage step? Looks good. Titles match what's in TheTVDB. So what's your problem from here? When you use TVDB (eng) things should match up. Just change the format back to something with SxE, e.g. {n} - {sxe} - {t}
Reneg

Post by Reneg »

mmm, ok.

In this way i've converted AirDate order to DVD ordered release.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In the latest beta you can define you're preferred sort order: Airdate/DVD/Absolute.

Check it out here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

Ok...I see this was from 5 years ago, but I am needing to change the order I need it to do a few of my series. Using thetvdb site I normally am fine with their ordering. However, some of the things they do really irritate me and of course, they feel they are GODS so their way is the correct way to order shows. I understand their logic in MOST cases...but when you have the creator of a show state the way THEY want (wanted) a show to be watched it seems that should take precedence over what the network idiots decided. Now, luckily some of these do get their way when a dvd release comes out. Now that they offer both ways can't Filebot just give a button option for selecting which list we want to use to rename? Yeah, maybe there is another round about way to do it but for those of us that are lazy and love the simplicity of filebot already, an option or button or something would be great. :)

Just a thought.. This has become my most used and favorite software.. Best buy I made in a very long time.

- Greg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're talking about Firefly, then DVD order would be the order you want. ;)

If neither Airdate Order nor DVD Order matches the order you want, then you can try alternative databases which might list episodes in a different order that more closely matches what you want.

:idea: You can use Presets to add your own custom buttons that do exactly what you want:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3228

:arrow: Presets allow you to add custom buttons that start processing with selected pre-configured options (e.g. TheTVDB with DVD order with {plex} naming scheme).

Thank you for purchasing FileBot~
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

;)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5542&p=31525&hilit ... der#p31512

if you want better help, you need to give us the name of the show

btw: there is a good chance that someone else already has posted here (forum), about the show
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

Well, in my post the show didn't matter at all. I was posting a feature request. As for the show, once again, I simply renamed all the files manually. Sucks, but it's about the 4th time I have done it (had a spell of hard drive crashes.. ugh!..hehe) Thanks much Rednoah... and you are welcome. With several 1000 movies and over 150 tv series with some of them 10-15-20 years.... I would hate life without Filebot!!!!

Greg