How to force English Anime Names?

Any questions? Need some help?
Bugger

How to force English Anime Names?

Post by Bugger »

Hi,

how do I force FileBot to use the English Title from AniDB instead the japanese one? I already googled but all I found was solutions for forcing japanese names.
It has to be in "animeFormat" because --lang hast to remain de.

Changing --lang to en and using {n} works, but I hope there is a way to achieve that with "animeFormat".
kim
Power User

Re: How to force English Anime Names?

Post by kim »

maybe this can help
viewtopic.php?t=5288
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

I already saw that one, didn't realise its helping me too. :D

{localize.English.n} is working perfect. Thanks alot.

Don't know if i should make a new Thread for that, but do you know, why ep 06 transforms to 01?

Code: Select all

[MOVE] From [/media/@Recycle/extracted/Anime/The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv] to [/media/Anime/The Seven Deadly Sins/The 
Seven Deadly Sins - E01.mkv]
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

I NEVER use Anidb, but this is something to do with the "lang de"... lookup in English works ok

German:
Match Series Name => [The Seven Deadly Sins, The Seven Deadly Sins] [The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.]
Query Series => [The Seven Deadly Sins, the seven deadly sins ep]
Rank [The Seven Deadly Sins] => [Nanatsu no Taizai, Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu]
Rank [the seven deadly sins ep] => [Nanatsu no Taizai]
EpisodeFunnel 1,0000 => [D:\The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv, Nanatsu no Taizai - 01 - The Seven Deadly Sins]
English :
Match Series Name => [The Seven Deadly Sins, The Seven Deadly Sins] [The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.]
Query Series => [The Seven Deadly Sins, the seven deadly sins ep]
Rank [The Seven Deadly Sins] => [Nanatsu no Taizai, Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu]
Rank [the seven deadly sins ep] => [Nanatsu no Taizai]
EpisodeFunnel -1,0000 => [D:\The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv, The Seven Deadly Sins - 01 - The Seven Deadly Sins]
EpisodeFunnel 0,5000 => [D:\The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv, The Seven Deadly Sins - 06 - The Poem of Beginnings]
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Ok, thats weird. Any way to fix that, except changing lang to en?
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

No Ideas why its not working as it should?

probably something the dev have to look at?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's what I get:

$ filebot -rename . --db TheTVDB --lang German -non-strict --action test
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Seven Deadly Sins, the seven deadly sins ep]
Fetching episode data for [Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins]
Fetching episode data for [7 Deadly Sins]
Fetching episode data for [Deadly Sins]
[TEST] from [The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv] to [Nanatsu no Taizai The Seven Deadly Sins - 1x06 - Ballad of the Beginning.mkv]
Processed 1 files
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Yep, the problem seems to only occur when using AniDB.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. The issue is caused by the episode title "The Seven Deadly Sins" of Episode 1 that exactly matches your files.

In English, because the series name is "The Seven Deadly Sins", FileBot knows that this title match is expected in any file because it's the file name. However, in German, the series name is "Nanatsu no Taizai" and so FileBot does not know that "The Seven Deadly Sins" is the English series title.

TL;DR use --lang English for matching and translate the title to German via the format (which is applied after matching and thus as no effect on matching):

$ filebot -rename . --db AniDB --lang English -non-strict --action test --format '{localize.German.plex.name}'
Rename episodes using [AniDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Seven Deadly Sins, the seven deadly sins ep]
Fetching episode data for [Nanatsu no Taizai]
Fetching episode data for [Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi]
Fetching episode data for [Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu]
[TEST] from [The.Seven.Deadly.Sins.Ep.06.German.DTS.DL.mkv] to [Nanatsu no Taizai - 06 - The Poem of Beginnings.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Using --lang and {localize} gives you fine-grained control over what data is used for matching and for formatting file names, for those rare corner cases where auto-matching just doesn't work.
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Iam confused because AniDB does not even have german titles, at least I did not find any. Thats why I wanted to force english names because my japanese ist not so good.^^ Iam using this format, which is working fine, except the Episode:

ANIME_FORMAT="Anime/{localize.English.n}/{localize.English.n} - E{absolute.pad(episodelist.size() < 99 ? 2 : 3)}"
Now changing lang to English while all of my other stuff is in german seems weird to me.^^

So there is no way to use lang german and achieve a correct match with the --format?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'd recommend using --lang English when using --db AniDB and --lang German when using --db TheTVDB.

However, presumably, you're using the amc script, and that script unfortunately doesn't support different language options for different media types.
Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Mhh Ok, good to know. Using docker and always changing the config there is not the best way of using it. But i hope this will only happen in rare cases.

Thanks alot for your time and your help :-)