Skipping subfolders in a group of movie folders with a specific name

Support for Windows users
1971camaroguy

Skipping subfolders in a group of movie folders with a specific name

Post by 1971camaroguy »

Hey Everyone,

I have a paid subscription to filebot and on my 2nd year of using it now. For the most part I have been dragging and dropping to rename small folders and files.

Trying to rename a bunch of movie folders (one time) with a drag and drop so I can pull the video file type and audio file type in the movie and folder name

Code: Select all

{n.sortName('$2, $1')} ({y}) [{genre}]  {fn.match(/EXTENDED|UNCUT|DIRECTORS.CUT/)} {[tags]}  [{vf} {vs} {hdr}] [{channels} {aco}]
Running Windows 10 and I have movie folders catagorized by Action, Comedy, Horror, ect

Problem is inside most of these folders, is a folder called "extras" where i have stored special features from my disc rips. I have those files names special feature, special feature 1, and so forth

When I try to rename, filebot grabs these files too and tries to rename one of them as the same title as the movie....causes problems in Plex and Emby because it reads that file as a movie too...otherwise it would have skipped it if it was still named special feature.

I'm trying to figure this out, but it's overwhelming...but is there a way to skip specific folders in filebot?

I've been reading about AMC script, I am still trying to figure out how to set that up if that's the only option

TIA
rednoah
The Source

Re: Skipping subfolders in a group of movie folders with a specific name

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide file paths for your extras files? FileBot will exclude sample files / trailer files / extra files / etc by default, but depending on how your files are organized and named, this may not always work.

How to process only specific kinds of files? should generally cover you, but you might need to tailors things to your specific needs or requirements. You'll need to use Presets if you need complex include / exclude logic.

e.g. Includes: long video files:

minutes > 60

e.g. Includes: files where the file path does not match /extras/ anywhere in either folder path or file name:

!(f =~ /extras/)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

rednoah wrote: 08 May 2021, 13:13 1.
Can you provide file paths for your extras files? FileBot will exclude sample files / trailer files / extra files / etc by default, but depending on how your files are organized and named, this may not always work.

Sure, here's an example in my action-adventure folder

A:\Action-Adventure (Remux)\Little Monsters (1989) [Adventure] [1080p ] [2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio]\extras

Do you think I need to rename those files as extra, extra 1 ect?

Thanks again
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

rednoah wrote: 08 May 2021, 13:13

How to process only specific kinds of files? should generally cover you, but you might need to tailors things to your specific needs or requirements. You'll need to use Presets if you need complex include / exclude logic.

e.g. Includes: long video files:

minutes > 60

e.g. Includes: files where the file path does not match /extras/ anywhere in either folder path or file name:

!(f =~ /extras/)
Thanks for these links, I'm digging into it right now
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In this case, FileBot will refuse to process your extras by default.

e.g. test file structure:

$ tree -N Avatar
├── Avatar.mkv
└── extras
    ├── Special Feature (1).mkv
    ├── Special Feature (2).mkv
    └── Special Feature (3).mkv

e.g. both CLI and GUI will automatically ignore extras / Special Feature files:

$ filebot -rename -r Avatar --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [Avatar/Avatar.mkv] to [Avatar/Avatar (2009).mkv]

:?: Does this file structure not match the one shown in your screenshot? Do you get different results? Please post System Information so that we can check what might be different for you.
1971camaroguy

Post by 1971camaroguy »

rednoah wrote: 08 May 2021, 14:04 In this case, FileBot will refuse to process your extras by default.

e.g. test file structure:

$ tree -N Avatar
├── Avatar.mkv
└── extras
    ├── Special Feature (1).mkv
    ├── Special Feature (2).mkv
    └── Special Feature (3).mkv

e.g. both CLI and GUI will automatically ignore extras / Special Feature files:

$ filebot -rename -r Avatar --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [Avatar/Avatar.mkv] to [Avatar/Avatar (2009).mkv]

:?: Does this file structure not match the one shown in your screenshot? Do you get different results? Please post System Information so that we can check what might be different for you.
Yeah my file structrure is the same and filebot has never ignored those folders

Here's my sysinfo

FileBot 4.9.3 (r8340)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2021-02-22 (r738)
Groovy: 3.0.7
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 16 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 41 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [Action-Crime Remux] @ 345 GB | NTFS [Comedy Remux] @ 1.9 TB | NTFS [Windows] @ 787 GB | NTFS [Comic Movies Remux] @ 634 GB | NTFS [Misc Movies Remux] @ 2.8 TB | NTFS [Science Fiction Remux] @ 1.5 TB | NTFS [Horror Web Rips] @ 2.6 TB | NTFS [Horror Remux [A-G]] @ 10 GB | NTFS [Horror Remux (H-M)] @ 838 GB | NTFS [Horror Remux (N-Z)] @ 1.1 TB | NTFS [TV Shows 1] @ 350 GB | NTFS [TV Shows 2] @ 1.3 TB | NTFS [TV Shows 3] @ 1.8 TB | NTFS [Movie Collections Remux] @ 3.1 TB | NTFS [Misc Movies 2] @ 5 TB | NTFS [spare] @ 11 TB
DATA: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License P17775835 (Valid-Until: 2021-09-22)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Based on the file name, these files should be ignored by default, unless they're larger than 150 MB or longer than 30 min, in which case they'll be considered full-fledged movie / episode files even if the name might suggest otherwise.

:?: How large / long are your extras / Special Feature files?

EDIT:

You can configure these limits like so:

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.media.clutter.size=4000 net.filebot.media.clutter.length=PT4H
:idea: 4 GB / 4 HOUR should ensure that your extras / Special Feature files fall below that threshold and thus get ignored correctly (NOTE: you might also end up ignoring valid movie files that happen to look like they might be some kind of extra based on the file name alone)