Problem with Shortcut

Support for Windows users
ffrcoupe

Problem with Shortcut

Post by ffrcoupe »

I have installed FileBot on 1 pc without error.

I am getting this error on another pc. I have searched the drive for this file and it does not exist.

rednoah
The Source

Re: XnView.lnk error

Post by rednoah »

That error is unrelated to FileBot specifically. FileBot does not use or search or need such a file.

:?: Does this error appear in response to clicking the Load button? If you have just clicked the Load button, then I presume it's trying to open some folder, and encountering a problem there.

:?: Perhaps something odd in your user home folder? (the file chooser will open the user home by default, or the last user directory)

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>

You can always use drag-and-drop if the Windows File Chooser dialog doesn't work for some reason.

You can try to run with console to see if there's any interesting information in the console output.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ffrcoupe

Re: XnView.lnk error

Post by ffrcoupe »

rednoah wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 03:45 :?: Does this error appear in response to clicking the Load button? If you have just clicked the Load button, then I presume it's trying to open some folder, and encountering a problem there.

Yes, it is when I click "load"

:?: Perhaps something odd in your user home folder? (the file chooser will open the user home by default, or the last user directory)

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>
I will check that out.

2.You can always use drag-and-drop if the Windows File Chooser dialog doesn't work for some reason.

Good idea.

You can try to run with console to see if there's any interesting information in the console output.

I will try that too.

I will post the results in case someone else has the same problem in the future.

Thanks! :)
ffrcoupe

Re: Problem with Shortcut

Post by ffrcoupe »

So I just got around to trying this again and I reinstalled the program.

The error no longer exists and I did not change anything on the computer from the last time.

Go figure. :banghead:

Thanks for the help. :)
dsplzion

Post by dsplzion »

I'm having the exact same issue but with Webroot.lnk

It seems as though that shortcut must exist somewhere for Filebot to be getting hung up on it but I can't seem to find it. I guess I will try reinstalling Filebot as that seems to have worked for the OP

dsplzion
dsplzion

Post by dsplzion »

I just decided to try once more to find it and I found it. It was on my desktop.
huntfish4ever

Post by huntfish4ever »

I have shortcuts on my desktop that are links to documents that exist on mobile devices (e.g. Microsoft surface). These links do not work of course when the surface or laptop is not connected to the network or powered on. When I click the load button in filebot, I get an error message for every shortcut that is not valid at the moment because of the unconnected device. This results in me having to press 'ok' 7 or 8 times to get the dialog box to finally load. Is there a way to avoid these error message.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This particular JVM platform issue has been resolved already.

Please upgrade to the latest revision for a quick fix, if you can't wait for the next stable release:
viewtopic.php?t=1609
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.