Purchased on the Windows Store, says it needs a license.

Support for Windows users
eshlil

Purchased on the Windows Store, says it needs a license.

Post by eshlil »

I am trying to rename files on a network location from my windows 10 says need a license? I purchased using Windows store. Anyone have any ideas?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to rename files on a network location

Post by rednoah »

The Windows Store version does not ask for nor require a license. If it's asking for a license, then you have manually installed the MSI package, and not the Windows Store version.

Please uninstall all versions of FileBot you may have installed, and then only install the Windows Store version, as to avoid the confusion of having multiple versions of FileBot installed.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
eshlil

Re: Purchased on the Windows Store, says it needs a license.

Post by eshlil »

Hi Rednoah,

This is a fresh install from the windows store. The share is from network location. When I try and rename the file it prompts for a license key. If the file is local does not ask for a license key.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please provide a screenshot of this "prompts for a license key" dialog:
https://snag.gy/

For reference, here's what a FileBot license prompt looks like:
eshlil

Post by eshlil »

In case the the Pm did not go through. Accidentally responded on wrong thread. Wouldn't let me post again right away.
Here is the screenshot.
https://snag.gy/r5LoZ2.jpg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

eshlil wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 12:46 In case the the Pm did not go through. Accidentally responded on wrong thread. Wouldn't let me post again right away.
Here is the screenshot.
https://snag.gy/r5LoZ2.jpg
You have installed FileBot via the MSI package and not via the Windows Store, or perhaps both, which can be confusing. You're definitely running the MSI package here though.

* The Windows Store version will just say FileBot in the window title, and not FileBot 4.8.5
* Windows Store apps cannot create Desktop shortcuts. I see a Desktop shortcut there, so that indicates strongly that you have installed FileBot via the MSI package.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help. You can see sysinfo output by pressing F5 twice, and that will confirm that you're running the MSI package.

eshlil wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 12:16 This is a fresh install from the windows store. The share is from network location. When I try and rename the file it prompts for a license key. If the file is local does not ask for a license key.
Yes, you have two versions of FileBot installed, and depending on which one of the two is being used, it either asks for a license (MSI package) or it doesn't (Windows Store).

:arrow: Please do uninstall ALL versions of FileBot, until you no longer see any FileBot icons anywhere, and then only install FileBot via the Microsoft Store, and not via the MSI package.
eshlil

Post by eshlil »

Strange don't remember installing the msi version. Just uninstalled everything and reinstalled using only the store version. Now when I retry to rename a file says I don't have enough space. Is there a way to let FileBot use a different drive to complete the rename process? Seems to be trying to use my local drive to do the rename instead of the network location.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The screenshot shows that you have explicitly configured FileBot to move files into your user home directory, commonly referred to by ~ tilde.

Perhaps you're using one of the default templates?

Code: Select all

{home}/Media/{plex}
:idea: {home} refers to your user home directory.

If you want FileBot to organize files into X:/ or wherever then you need to say so:

X:/Media/{plex}
eshlil

Post by eshlil »

Tried searching. What if I want it to rename the file in the existing location? My old setup using Flexraid everything worked fine I don't remember configuring anything.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

eshlil wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 13:50 What if I want it to rename the file in the existing location?
Sure, just have the format come up with the file paths you want:

{folder}/{plex.name}
{folder} ... the current folder
{plex.name} ... the file name part of the {plex} path

:idea: If you're organizing files for Plex, then renaming files in place is a bad idea. Best to organize files properly, into a new perfectly-clean-no-baggage folder structure. This will ensure that Plex only ever sees files that have already been processed and organized correctly.

eshlil wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 13:50 My old setup using Flexraid everything worked fine I don't remember configuring anything.
I don't know Flexraid. FileBot is used by many people for many different tasks. Depending on what you're trying to do exactly, you likely will need to configure FileBot a little bit.
eshlil

Post by eshlil »

For example I have season one of a show I move it myself under TV Shows (Network share location)\TV show Name\Season 01\then all the episodes there then I wand to use Filebot and have it rename the episodes for me in the same location.
Will this be the correct way to set it up? {folder} acts as wild card where the files are located. Yes this is used for plex.

{folder}/{plex.name}

Thanks again for all your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you want to rename files in place, then both

{folder}/{plex.name}
and

{plex.name}
will work. Because FileBot will rename files in place, if your format doesn't specify otherwise.

Since we're not using {plex}, I can no longer guarantee that you do indeed and up with a perfect Plex path. If your current folder structure already fits the specification, then it'll be fine, if not, then not. Depends on whatever the current {folder} happens to be.