Prioritize PROPER and REPACK releases

Support for Windows users
lucbas

Prioritize PROPER and REPACK releases

Post by lucbas »

Hi rednoah

Thanks for Filebot!

Question:
I'm running on the latest version of Filebot and was wondering if there is an option to prioritize PROPER or REPACK releases.
Or in general, just the most recent release/download in case there are multiple files per episode.

(I'm running the Filebot AMC script once a day)

Thanks and have a nice day

Lucbas
rednoah
The Source

Re: Prioritize PROPER and REPACK releases

Post by rednoah »

If you're using --conflict auto (to keep the better quality file on conflict) then REPACK|PROPER|RERIP will be given priority over other files even if the resolution is lower.

If you're using --conflict override then the most recent files will always override what came before. You can also use --conflict index add a numbered index.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lucbas

Post by lucbas »

Hi Rednoah

Thanks for your answer!

The files are all 720p and as Filebot runs once a day, I could use --conflict override to just pick the latest one?
Or how would Filebot decide which one is the best quality with --conflict auto? I read in some other posts that filesize is a deciding factor, but saw that some REPACK's are smaller in filesize.

Thanks!! :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 31 Oct 2019, 04:36 If you're using --conflict auto (to keep the better quality file on conflict) then REPACK|PROPER|RERIP will be given priority over other files even if the resolution is lower.

If you're using --conflict override then the most recent files will always override what came before. You can also use --conflict index add a numbered index.
I believe my previous post does address and answer these questions. :lol:

:idea: --conflict override will ensure that you end up with only the latest file.

:idea: --conflict auto will give priority to repack releases, even if the resolution / bitrate is lower than existing files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.