How could one filter sfv files?

Support for Windows users
Biff

How could one filter sfv files?

Post by Biff »

How could one filter sfv files? And also other file extensions? So when I add the entire content of a folder to FileBot how can I manage it that sfv files are not processed for renaming?
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: How could one filter sfv files?

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to only add the files that you actually want to process, rather than the entire folder:
viewtopic.php?t=4222
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Many thanks for the link.

How / where do I have to add here the filter to not to process sfv files:

Code: Select all

I:\Eigene Dateien\Videos\Filme\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){' Teil '+pi}{'.'+lang}{tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}
Could you please add that filter?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You are confusing format expressions with filter expressions. Those are conceptually very different. I recommend using Option 1 or Option 2:
viewtopic.php?t=4222

:idea: If you want to use Option 3, then you need to create a Preset, set an input folder, and then add a filter which allows you to control which files to select from that folder. Suffice to say, Option 3 is for more advanced users that don't mind spending some time tinkering.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Very complicated / circuitous. Sorry, I cannot understand. Actually I want to achieve this: sfv files ALWAYS shall be filtered / not be processed when renaming. So when I drag and drop a folder over FileBot I want all of the files contained are processed / renamed besides of sfv files. Without having to do each time special actions to get that managed, to set the filter again or anything like that. So I now want to set a simple filter (without using other / external programs - I want to use only FilleBot) or whatever so that sfv files NEVER will be processed. How could I do it?

So it is an extremely simple setting / thing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The specific setting / thing you're asking for does not currently exist. If there's sufficient demand, I'll look into finding a solution for this particular use case.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Such a simple setting / filtering not possible to do? Not even with the presets? Very strange.

So when you want to rename 20 movies being in folders with different files, subs, jpgs, pngs, txts, sfvs, samples, etc. you have to separately filter them in an awkward way first?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not at all. You load them all, then you match against TheMovieDB, and in that process FileBot will decide what to do with each file. Most likely, all the non-media files will be ignored and not matched to anything. Hence your proposed setting is generally unnecessary for all the typical use cases, as things are handled correctly out of the box.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Most likely, all the non-media files will be ignored and not matched to anything.
I am not quite sure to understand correctly. The sfv files are not ignored, they are processed. Rar files as well. And many more which should not be processed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Perhaps screenshots would be in order? So that I can see what you see?
Biff

Post by Biff »

Sorry, screenshots of what?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 05:19 The sfv files are not ignored, they are processed. Rar files as well. And many more which should not be processed.
A screenshot that illustrates the issue. Feel free to use a shotgun approach and take many screenshots so that perhaps one of them will allow me to understand the problem which doesn't make sense to me at this point.

e.g. here's a screenshot that shows *.sfv and *.jpg files not being matched by default even though they're in the Original Files area:
Biff

Post by Biff »

OK, I am not sure how this might help, here it is:

May be you want this also:
Last edited by Biff on 15 Dec 2019, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. In the special case where a companion file is named exactly the same as the primary movie file, then that companion file will be matched to the exact same object as the primary movie file. This particular behaviour is intended and was requested by users.
Biff

Post by Biff »

How could one avoid this behaviour?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't. There's not setting for that. The workaround is to only drop your video files into FileBot as discussed above, or to batch-delete non-video files in advance.
Biff

Post by Biff »

But what sense does that make? It would be so easy to just add a simple filter option.
The workaround is to only drop your video files into FileBot as discussed above
It sounds as if that absolutely would not make any sense, manually remove the sfv files (and otheres) or the ones one want to rename? In 20 folders (for example)? One by one? And use another program for such? Very strange concept of FileBot, I would think. What really is the sense of it? I do not understand at all.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 12:39 It sounds as if that absolutely would not make any sense, manually remove the sfv files (and otheres) or the ones one want to rename? In 20 folders (for example)? One by one? And use another program for such? Very strange concept of FileBot, I would think. What really is the sense of it? I do not understand at all.
Well, FileBot has more than one user, so perhaps some features make more sense for some users, and less so for others. It makes sense because processing non-video files has been specifically requested by a number of users, and AFAIK there's only one user who complains about it.

:idea: A smart user would immediately automate the process of batch deleting certain files, with scripts or 3rd party tools that cater to your specific needs and purposes, and of course not do it manually.

:idea: That reminds me, you can use the DELETE key on your keyboard to remove list items, so you could delete non-video files from the Original Files list before matching. Somewhat manual, but quite efficient on the keyboard. Maybe that'll alleviate the issue for you.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Well, FileBot has more than one user, so perhaps some features make more sense for some users, and less so for others.
Well, well, that is why a program offers different features, so for most ones then there are needful features available. A simple filter, a basic option, easily could manage that.

If I only were a smart user. As I am not one I use FileBot obviously.
:idea: That reminds me, you can use the DELETE key on your keyboard to remove list items, so you could delete non-video files from the Original Files list before matching. Somewhat manual, but quite efficient on the keyboard. Maybe that'll alleviate the issue for you.
Actually I would not think so. I am wondering why FileBot cannot do it. Yes yes, of course, that great delete key, very nice one (one of my favirite keys). But removing (for example) 10, 20 sfv files (and others) from the list does not sound that convenient. And it gets less convenient as one obviously has to mark each item in the list manually and after directly remove it, one by one, one cannot mark altogether, one after the other and then remove all of them together.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, it's not how I'd do it, but it is the most simple way to do it.

Personally, I'd create a Preset. Set a pre-defined input folder (i.e. where all your new folders come in) and adjust the filter to only select the files I want (i.e. f.video assuming I only want to select video files). It's quite simple really, and thanks to it's programmable nature, it's applicable to a wide variety of users and use cases.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Alright, could you make one for me to exclude sfv files and rar files?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Certainly. I'm glad you asked. Here's a screenshot to illustrate. ;)

Exclude sfv and rar files:

!(ext =~ /sfv|rar/)

:idea: Personally, I think it's better to think it terms of what you want, rather than what you don't want, and so the include filter can be expressed the other way around, i.e. include files that are video files, or files that are nfo/jpg files:

f.video || ext =~ /nfo|jpg/
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you very much for both variations. Sorry, I didn't make it. The result:

The folders:

And:

What is wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you click on your custom "Ohne sfv, rar" button to apply your custom Preset?
Biff

Post by Biff »

When I click it (after having added the folder(s) this is shown (the circle goes on rotating, nothing more happens for a long time):

And suddenly there are...ah, now I see, one does not have to drag and drop a folder to FileBot, it does it automatically when clicking the preset.

I then close FileBot to stop that rotating circle (is there another way to stop that process?) and start it again.

So it seems to work now, will do some tries (in everyday life).