How could one filter sfv files?

Support for Windows users
rednoah
The Source

Re: How could one filter sfv files?

Post by rednoah »

Yes, the preset encompasses all parts of the process, from loading input to matching. So as you click on your custom preset, it'll load all files from the configured input folder, which can take a while if this input folder is large and/or a remote file system.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Alright, thank you very much!

How could FileBot always show the entire menu instead a part of it(?):
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IDK. It's a Windows 10 bug. The task bar should be behind always-on-top popup windows. I'll see if I can find a workaround. You could try to report the issue to Microsoft.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Sorry, what does IDK mean? So a bug existing for years on my system already? Effecting FileBot only? Cannot remember to have seen that using other programs. Many thanks for trying fo find a workaround!

And, by the way, I am just remembering: the FileBot processing window (e.g. when processing a renaming) is in front of all the other open programs and I cannot move it behind the other windows here, it is very annoying, how could I make Filebot to move it behind another program when I click another program?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 07:54 Sorry, what does IDK mean? So a bug existing for years on my system already? Effecting FileBot only? Cannot remember to have seen that using other programs.
I Don't Know. Perhaps. Popup windows are displayed on top of the task bar on my machine. Newer revisions try to detect the location of the task bar and display the popup outside the task bar bounds.

Biff wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 07:54 And, by the way, I am just remembering: the FileBot processing window (e.g. when processing a renaming) is in front of all the other open programs and I cannot move it behind the other windows here, it is very annoying, how could I make Filebot to move it behind another program when I click another program?
IDK what "processing window" refers to. A screenshot would probably make it unambiguously clear. ;)
Biff

Post by Biff »

I Don't Know. Perhaps. Popup windows are displayed on top of the task bar on my machine. Newer revisions try to detect the location of the task bar and display the popup outside the task bar bounds.
OK, NIS. Actually I should have the newest revision. VS.

IDK what "processing window" refers to. A screenshot would probably make it unambiguously clear. ;)
Well, well, there is only one window shown while FileBot renames files showing the execution of renaming / moving (that cannot be moved behind other programs). So I would think it must be unambiguously clear, very sorry. What other windows might be confused with it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see, the progress dialog. Users have reported that this dialog sometimes appears hidden behind other windows, so I've made it always-on-top to make sure it's always visible when it pops up. Loosely related to the task bar issue actually. You can't hide it, that's a con. But it's never hidden, so that's a pro. A compromise of sorts.

Oddly enough, this isn't the dialog I'd expect to appear on Windows. On Windows there's a special implementation that uses the native Windows Shell Move & Copy dialog.

Which shortcut are you using to launch FileBot? The one called FileBot or the one called FileBot (platform)? The former enables all the best features, the latter is for fail-safe compatibility settings, but is less integrated into the OS.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I see, the progress dialog. Users have reported that this dialog sometimes appears hidden behind other windows, so I've made it always-on-top to make sure it's always visible when it pops up. Loosely related to the task bar issue actually. You can't hide it, that's a con. But it's never hidden, so that's a pro. A compromise of sorts.
I wouldn't say a "compromise" at all, simply very annoying. Why not make an option to show or not to show it?
Oddly enough, this isn't the dialog I'd expect to appear on Windows.
The progress dialog?
Which shortcut are you using to launch FileBot?
I do not use one, I click on an icon / button starting J:\FileBot\filebot.launcher.exe ("launcher" sounds like it should be used to start / launch FileBot). Where / how can / should I create such shortcut? Respectively where can I find that one called FileBot (and the other one)? And what features are available of the better integrated one (not available in the worse integreated)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Why not have an option for everything you can think of? Simple, it's about simplicity. The options that we do have (format, presets, etc) can't be helped, the pros far outweigh the cons in terms of customization there. As for customizing window priority? You're the first to ask for configuration options there, but I'll consider it if it turns into a popular request.

I see. You're using the portable zip. Nevermind, it's working as expected then. The MSI installer package that most Windows users are using, will install FileBot, and thus has the opportunity to integrate into Windows a little bit better. Various subtle ways, taskbar grouping, taskbar launcher, Windows Shell integration, etc. I don't know exactly.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Why not have an option for everything you can think of?
Well, yes, sounds good, might get a very comprehensive program then.
As for customizing window priority?
Well, well, if there were programs showing a window on top over all of the other windows all the time without the option to close it / hide it while the program / a process was running, it just was unusable, a sync program showing a window on top all the time or such? When I rename / move 100 movies (lasts very long here) or even more with FileBot there always is the annoying processing window of FileBot shown on top, really very annoying. And it absolutely makes no sense at all, I would think.

So there are more benefits with an installed FileBot. And so there is no more advantaged method to start it than I do?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. I guess it could be an annoyance for some users. I'll put it on the list. If other users report this as an issue as well, then we'll look into finding a good solution for everyone.

Indeed, some benefits are only available in the installed version, and are not available in the portable edition. As for your particular use case, I think maybe you'll be more happy with the installed edition. Your choice though. ;)
Biff

Post by Biff »

Alright, many thanks.