How can I open FileBot with the same size of the window (I left it the last time or with a predefined value / the bigges

Support for Windows users
Biff

How can I open FileBot with the same size of the window (I left it the last time or with a predefined value / the bigges

Post by Biff »

How can I open FileBot with the same size of the window (I left it the last time or with a predefined value / the biggest size / full monitor) each time?
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: How can I open FileBot with the same size of the window (I left it the last time or with a predefined value / the bi

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does remember window position / size on close and will restore those values on startup.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Re: How can I open FileBot with the same size of the window (I left it the last time or with a predefined value / the bi

Post by Biff »

Obviously it will not on my system. So how could I make FileBot do it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IDK. I can only tell you that's is supposed to work, and that it does work for most users (otherwise you'd see related bug reports).

I'd start by narrowing down the issue. Try the MSI package if you're using the portable or vice versa. Check the settings files and see if it's getting updated with the latest window bounds. Those kinda things might help us isolate what's different on your machine.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I'd start by narrowing down the issue. Try the MSI package if you're using the portable or vice versa.
Well, I do not want to install programs I do not need / use.

These two files are not changed when I change the size of FileBot and restart ist:
filebot.l4j.ini
filebot.launcher.l4j.ini
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Those files contain launch configuration, and not user-specific settings and preferences.

The last window position is stored in the settings.properties file we discussed previously:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11316&p=47246#p47206
Biff

Post by Biff »

Alright, thank you very much!