Why does FileBot ignore some files?

Support for Windows users
jeffreyabr

Why does FileBot ignore some files?

Post by jeffreyabr »

I picked up FileBot what feels like a lifetime ago when Lifehacker made a post about how to clean your media library. I never got to formally thank you rednoah, so if you find this post, thank you for the time and anguish you saved me back in the day!

I recently bought a new server setup for Plex, and a coworker who has done the same noticed that I was missing a number of files that were on my server but not being scanned by Plex. He had actually come upon FileBot for his own use and tried to set me up, however we encountered a weird issue.

When adding some of my files, FileBot just doesn't seem to find anything on them. I have tried using TVDB and TVMaze, however both have the same issue.

Could it be due to the filetype being XVID codecs on the mystery files? I had thought it was simple name search query, so I haven't tried encoding them differently yet.

Thank you for any and all help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Why does FileBot ignore some files?

Post by rednoah »

You're still using the old version. Please update to the latest release and see if that resolves the problem. ;)

:?: Do the ignored files perhaps have an unusual file extension?

:idea: You can press F7 to copy debug information (i.e. file paths and object matches as text) so we can have a look and run a few tests.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.