How can I make this window disappear

Support for Windows users
Biff

How can I make this window disappear

Post by Biff »

How can I make this window disappear:

It is extremely annoying, one cannot close / hide it, it always is in front during the processing.
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: How can I make this window disappear

Post by rednoah »

You can't. I'll consider improvements for the platform-independent progress dialog in future releases, if there is popular demand.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Why at all is there such annoying window (one cannot avoid showing up), what sense does it make?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Always-on-Top behaviour was requested by end-users some some years ago. I guess it made sense to someone. It's all the same to me though, doesn't make more or less sense to me, one way or the other.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I do not understand at all why there is no option to deactivate that "Always-on-Top behaviour", what is the sense for that? It is ridiculous to be bothered by such behaviour, a window on top all the time you do not want.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Presumably, most users would just move the window to the corner of the screen, mostly off screen, and then not give it a second though.

:idea: However, I do not presume to know what "makes sense" for the majority of humans. If this is an issue, other users will independently report the same issue, and then we're gonna find a nice solution that works for everyone, as always.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Presumably, most users would just move the window to the corner of the screen, mostly off screen, and then not give it a second though.
I would not think so, I do not know any other program with such a behaviour. It just is senseless to each time move a window again and again, it is absolutely needless. What for? Why not let the program behave like any other program?
If this is an issue, other users will independently report the same issue, and then we're gonna find a nice solution that works for everyone, as always.
It is an issue, senseless behaviour is an issue. What solution to find? Just let the program behave like usual programs behave. Or just an option.
:idea: However, I do not presume to know what "makes sense" for the majority of humans.
Well, but I do, a missing option to avoid such useless behaviour is senseless / does not "makes sense" at all.