TVDB.COM API

Support for Windows users
jerome

TVDB.COM API

Post by jerome »

Yesterday there was a notice on the tvdb.com forum
API Update: Removing legacy SSL support

Would this impact filebot as I am no longer able to update my tv show files?

Thanks
J
RonaiSanzer

Re: TVDB.COM API

Post by RonaiSanzer »

Yes, as I get the timed out socket error as of 1/10/20 8am. You can still try other options like TMVDB Episode but I had no real luck with it naming things in a good manner.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read timed out is a different class of problem. It means the server doesn't respond, and it's definitely a temporary server-side issue.

The SSL compatibility notice discussed by the OP is unrelated. Currently, the server doesn't respond at all. For a SSL handshake to succeed or fail, there would be some initial back and forth communication, before each side agrees to not be able to agree on a TLS version, and fail.

AFAIK, FileBot does support all the latest TLS versions. So unless you using some ancient FileBot 3.* release from 2010 you're probably going to be fine.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

RonaiSanzer wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 15:54 If that is what you wish to believe
Well, it's technology, not magic. It can be understood, step by step, all the way. Read timed out means that TCP packets are sent, and now we expect and wait for TCP packets in response, except none ever came, so and the TCP network layer errors out. That's all we know. Everything else in conjecture.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.