I think I'm running 2 versions. I only want 1 registered copy

Support for Windows users
chrisdukes

I think I'm running 2 versions. I only want 1 registered copy

Post by chrisdukes »

I have a registered copy that I bought in the Windows Store on April 6, 2018, I think it's 4.9.0 (r7234). I just updated and now I have 2 versions on my computer, the Unregistered one is 4.9.1 (r7372).

I think I've had 2 versions for awhile and I just realized today. I noticed the difference when I opened my presets and a bunch were missing in the Unregistered version, but they're all still in the Windows Store version. I should note that I open the Windows Store version from my Taskbar and I open the Unregistered version from the "Send to..." option in the Context Menu.

Also, the Windows Store version has a bunch of warnings in the System Information about the Cache Manager.

Basically, I want a single registered copy of the latest version that I can access from the Taskbar and Context Menu and I want to preserve my presets. It's fine if I have to buy a new copy. I use Filebot a lot. :D

I can respond with the log files or screenshots if needed!

Thanks!

System Information

Microsoft Store License Version 4.9.0 r7234 (w/Correct Presets)

Code: Select all

Apr 19, 2020 3:32:17 PM net.sf.ehcache.DiskStorePathManager resolveAndLockIfNeeded
WARNING: diskStorePath 'C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0' is already used by an existing CacheManager either in the same VM or in a different process.
The diskStore path for this CacheManager will be set to C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0\ehcache_auto_created13253313828240753623diskstore.
To avoid this warning consider using the CacheManager factory methods to create a singleton CacheManager or specifying a separate ehcache configuration (ehcache.xml) for each CacheManager instance.
Apr 19, 2020 3:32:17 PM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: Data in persistent disk stores is ignored for stores from automatically created directories.
Remove diskPersistent or resolve the conflicting disk paths in cache configuration.
Deleting data file C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\cache\0\ehcache_auto_created13253313828240753623diskstore\github_stable_0.data
FileBot 4.9.0 (r7234)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 19.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-04-16 (r632)
Groovy: 3.0.2
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 13.0.2
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 4.3 GB Max Memory / 63 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [System] @ 110 GB | NTFS [Primary] @ 1.2 TB | NTFS [Shares] @ 390 GB | NTFS [LibraryA] @ 143 GB | NTFS [Primary_Backup] @ 1.4 TB | NTFS [Movies] @ 1.5 TB | NTFS [Television] @ 1.2 TB
DATA: C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: APPX
License: Microsoft Store License
Unregistered Version 4.9.1 r7372 (w/Bad Presets)

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.1 (r7372)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 19.09
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.3
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-04-16 (r632)
Groovy: 3.0.3
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 4.3 GB Max Memory / 41 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [System] @ 110 GB | NTFS [Primary] @ 1.2 TB | NTFS [Shares] @ 390 GB | NTFS [LibraryA] @ 143 GB | NTFS [Primary_Backup] @ 1.4 TB | NTFS [Movies] @ 1.5 TB | NTFS [Television] @ 1.2 TB
DATA: C:\Users\chris\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: UNREGISTERED
rednoah
The Source

Re: I think I'm running 2 versions. I only want 1 registered copy

Post by rednoah »

Uninstall all versions of FileBot that you may have installed somewhere. Then only install the one you want.

:idea: You may want to backup the preferences of your preferred installation first:
viewtopic.php?t=4205

:idea: The filebot command will link to one of your two installations. filebot -script fn:sysinfo will tell you which one. You can adjust the %PATH% to change which specific executable is executed when you call filebot.

:idea: Note that neither version will install a context menu. But if you did it manually, then its probably just using the filebot command-line tool, whichever one appears in the %PATH% first.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. How do I avoid installing 2 copies in the future? Should I only update through the Windows Store?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, Windows Store apps can only be installed via the Windows Store.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.