Renaming Masterclass series

Support for Windows users
botnuc

Renaming Masterclass series

Post by botnuc »

Hi, Recently purchased Filebot and running into a bit of trouble renaming the Master class series for Plex.

The files are named in the below path and format:

Code: Select all

Masterclass/
Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring/
01 Introduction - Write Your Own Story/
63-01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.mp4
63-01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.en.vtt
63-01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.en.srt
Episode\files should be renamed to:

S27E01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.mp4
S27E01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.en.vtt
S27E01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.en.srt
Filebot fails to capture the correct Season information for each of the episode (defaults to Season 01). Can you please advise the steps to take to rename the series correctly using Filebot?

Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming Masterclass series

Post by rednoah »

1 Season is correct, because MasterClass: Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring has only 1 Season:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/343791/a ... s/official

:idea: You may need to force MasterClass: Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring as search query if you're not getting the right series. Please read FAQ #2 for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Thanks for the reply rednoah.

TVDB has also listed it on Season 27, see below:

Filebot doesnt automatically find the episodes automatically, however searching for them manually yields below result:

Is there a way to override the Season01 update to Season27 via Filebot on the Rename tab?
Apologies, as I'm very new to the application.

Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't know where you took that screenshot, but here's what I'm seeing:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/343791

Season 1 is correct. If you want your files to be named in an arbitrary way, then you can adjust your format and just make it say whatever you want regardless of episode information.

e.g.

27x{e.pad(2)}
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Hi rednoah

I'm still struggling to get this right. Are you able to walk me through how to achieve this using Filebot.
As the screenshots above, every season need to renamed to whats listed in this page (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/masterclass), see Aired Order.
I have SRT and VTT files which needs to be renamed (listed in my inital post).
The current naming format and desired naming format are in my initial post

Let me know if you need any specific information.

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: What have you tried? Where are you stuck? What's not working? Feel free to include screenshots.

I'm using the command-line for convenience, and it works out of the box, for this particular file path at the very least:

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheTVDB -non-strict --format '/path/to/Media/{plex}' --action TEST
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate Order]
Auto-detected query: [stephen curry teaches shooting ball handling and scoring]
Fetching episode data for [MasterClass: Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring]
[TEST] from [path\to\Input\Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring\63-01 - Introduction Write Your Own Story - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.mkv] to [path\to\Media\TV Shows\MasterClass - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring\Season 01\MasterClass - Stephen Curry Teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring - S01E01 - Introduction - Write Your Own Story.mkv]
Processed 1 files
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Thanks for the reply.

Here is what I followed:

1. Below is the files I require to be renamed:

I need it to be renamed as below (Masterclass Season 30):

2. Under Rename tab, Load all the files in Filebot

3. Under Episodes tab, search for Masterclass Thomas Keller and select correct season.

Note: I have selections (eg: Airdate Order, DVD Order, etc)

4. Select Season 1 episodes (as displayed above) and drag n drop to Rename tab

From here I'm a little bit lost as I need the files to be renamed to S30EXX rather than S01EXX and there are SRT and VTT files which needs to be renamed along with the main episodes.

Are you able to advise exactly what I need to do to achieve the above.

Cheers.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You need to differentiate between:

A. TheTVDB ID #343153: MasterClass: Thomas Keller Teaches Cooking Techniques / Season 1
B. TheTVDB ID #362158: MasterClass / Season 30

:arrow: If you want A then you need to search and select A. If you want B then you need to search and select B. You are selecting A when you're actually wanting B.

:idea: Presumably, Option A or Option B will eventually be removed or reorganized to get rid of episode duplicates. If you're organizing files for Plex, then either will work. You just have to choose one or the other.
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Thanks for the reply.

That makes sense. However, on Filebot when searching it always brings up this link --> https://www.thetvdb.com/series/mastercl ... techniques

I tried a few combinations and it always brings up the above link instead of this one -->https://www.thetvdb.com/series/mastercl ... fficial/30

Any suggestions.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Search for "MasterClass" and then select "MasterClass" when prompted. Alternatively, you can also enter "362158" to lookup the episode list via the series id directly. Then you just need to scroll down and select all the Season 30 episodes.
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Perfect that did the trick!!
In regards to the SRT and VTT being renamed along with main episodes, what is the best way to achieve this?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If we're talking about manual matching via Episodes panel, then you'll have to copy & pastes the Episode items multiple times so that you have one Episode item in New Names for each file. The Match button can help you align files and episodes if they don't align naturally.

Alternatively, processing only *.mkv files, and then repeating the process with *.srt files, and then rinse and repeat as needed. It's a bit more cumbersome, but also more simple.

Personally, I'd load files in to Rename directly, then SHIFT-CLICK the database to force manual input. Enter "MasterClass", and see if it works. Please read FAQ #2 for details.

My test case is limited to the file paths you have provided in your OP, but it works for that at the very least:
botnuc

Post by botnuc »

Alternatively, processing only *.mkv files, and then repeating the process with *.srt files, and then rinse and repeat as needed. It's a bit more cumbersome, but also more simple.
I had to go with this option for now.
Will check FAQ#2 and give it a go.

Appreciate you taking the time to work this out for me. Going to make it a lot easier.

Cheers