TheTVDB Seems out of Date

Support for Windows users
Snooperer

TheTVDB Seems out of Date

Post by Snooperer »

Hi I am having an issue I get every so often where by TheTVDB seems to be out of date example is in image below where I am trying to rename an episode of wicked tuna outer banks and it just shows as episode 2 for the episode name, I was wondering if FileBot keeps a cache of TheTVDB because it dosen't seem to be a live version,

In addition I was also wondering about the other show named in the results "stargirl" where its episode name should be Shiv (2) not Shiv.
rednoah
The Source

Re: TheTVDB Seems out of Date

Post by rednoah »

Yes, FileBot does keep a cache. The episode listing is cached for up to ~5 days. There may also be some caching on the TheTVDB server-side for API clients, so the data that applications see is not necessarily the same data that you see in your web browser at any given point in time.

{t} works verbatim for Shiv (1) and Shiv (2). But if you're using {plex} then that particular binding will take care of stripping away trailing multi-episode markers. It's ultimately up to your format.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Snooperer

Post by Snooperer »

Thats great got Stargirl fixed switched from a custom plex format to a full custom format and guess just work with the cache and just as a quick follow up thought any chance in adding the Presets to more of the program in the next version, as in adding it to the match button and the right click menu thought it would be nice to have fast universal access to them as I know I now use presets to quick rename and move my downloads to multiple output folders ie.

Anime Downloads --> Anime TV
Anime Downloads --> Anime Movies
TV Downloads --> TV Shows
Movie Downloads --> Movies

Anyways thanks for the help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use keyboard shortcuts 1..9 for quick access to your custom presets.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.