Source folder ends up in Recycle bin ?

Support for Windows users
UriahHeep

Source folder ends up in Recycle bin ?

Post by UriahHeep »

Hi - (new user), using the {plex} binding
It's doing the episode lookup & rename ok, but it's also sending the source folder to the Recycle bin ie. it's deleting it

I've attached a composite screenshot, but to explain in a bit more detail:
The video is(was) "F:\!Completed\Fartblinda S01E04 1080p" (it's Swedish, hence the title change)
I ran {plex.tail}, which renamed it to "F:/Blinded/Season 01/Blinded - S01E04 - Farkas"
But the top-level folder "F:\Completed" ended-up in the Recycle bin :?:
- is there an easy way to prevent the source top-level folder from being deleted ?

Screenshot:
rednoah
The Source

Re: Source folder ends up in Recycle bin ?

Post by rednoah »

FileBot will automatically delete left-behind empty folders.

:idea: Using standard folder names such as Completed (as opposed to !Completed) should also prevent folders from being deleted. (EDIT: Note that I can't reproduce the behaviour with !Completed either; Completed and !Completed are equally)

:idea: Alternatively, adding an empty text file will also prevent folders from being empty.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
UriahHeep

Re: Source folder ends up in Recycle bin ?

Post by UriahHeep »

rednoah wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 13:40 FileBot will automatically delete left-behind empty folders.
>Thanks for the info !

:idea: Using standard folder names such as Completed (as opposed to !Completed) should also prevent folders from being deleted.
> I normally do use Completed - the !Completed is/was simply a work-in-progress folder whilst I get the hang of FileBot

:idea: Alternatively, adding an empty text file will also prevent folders from being empty.
>This seems a nice & simple workaround :D
Thanks again