No option to name presets

Support for Windows users
erumali1123

No option to name presets

Post by erumali1123 »

Hello-- I've been using Filebot very successfully for a while, and only just the other day ran into this strange issue. I recently had to wipe my computer clean and reinstall everything, and up until yesterday, everything worked as expected. And then I tried to create a new preset for TV shows, and was not given the chance to name the new preset. I tried it again just today, same thing. Latest version of Filebot, created two other presets last week just fine. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

System info: Image

Presets now show as this: Image

Edit Presets > New Presets takes me directly to the edit window: Image

This is the section of the log that seems relevant, but it's a little beyond my ken. Hopefully it helps: https://pastebin.com/va4p5zED
rednoah
The Source

Re: No option to name presets

Post by rednoah »

What happens if you click on the name (i.e. New Preset by default) to edit the name? Did you get the showInputDialog error log record in response to that specific action?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
erumali1123

Post by erumali1123 »

Trying to edit the "New Preset" items by clicking on their names takes me straight to the Preset Editor window. Opening the log, I don't see any additional records since before I tried to.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, can't reproduce the issue, works fine for me:
https://youtu.be/o9jEVf1_S9o

:?: Perhaps you could take a screen recording that shows what you're doing to make sure we're on the same page?
erumali1123

Post by erumali1123 »

So, I'm probably about to out myself as a little dumb, but... has it always been a thing to click on the "New Preset" at the top of the editor window to change the name? Because I recall being presented with a separate pop-up to input the name.

In any case, looks like everything works the way it's supposed to, I just wasn't aware of how that was. Thank you for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Oh! I see what you mean! Yes, because now the title is editable, we did remove the cumbersome upfront input dialog! But you have a good point, FileBot r8063 and higher will now request that you enter the preset name right away when opening the preset editor with a new preset.