How can I avoid Filebot to rename unwanted files, e.g. all files with extension sfv?

Support for Windows users
Biff

How can I avoid Filebot to rename unwanted files, e.g. all files with extension sfv?

Post by Biff »

Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: How can I avoid Filebot to rename unwanted files, e.g. all files with extension sfv?

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 09:30 How can I avoid Filebot to rename unwanted files, e.g. all files with extension sfv?
That would be the default behaviour.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=12172

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=4222
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Re: How can I avoid Filebot to rename unwanted files, e.g. all files with extension sfv?

Post by Biff »

Many thanks for the links. I do not quite understand. How could I achive this: I drag movies, folders with movies (with all other files coming with them) and drop them over FileBot. When I rename the files now I ALWAYS (for all further renmaings) want the sfv files and may be other not to be renamed and / or be deleted.
hat would be the default behaviour.
Not here obviously. Why does it not work then?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 09:55 Why does it not work then?
If you were to include screenshots and file paths, then I might be able to tell how your specific use case differs from the usual use cases.

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Yes yes, I would like to, but I do not know what to show, there is not anything to show, just drag and drop the files, then click "TheMovieDB" and rename, that's all.

There is no option to exclude sfv files and what does "export" mean:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What are the file paths? Please show us the file paths.
Biff

Post by Biff »

I am not quite sure which file paths are meant. This is the folder they are stored in: I:\Downloads\packt
And this the folder they should be copied when FileBot renames them: I:\Data\Videos\Films
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, this thread is completely unrelated to your problem, but please read and learn from it, how to request help for any kind of technical question you may have with any kind of software product:
viewtopic.php?t=10841
Biff

Post by Biff »

I am not quite sure to understand anything. Many thanks for the links to the episodes thread, yes, very nice.

How can I achieve what you are showing with your screenshot?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 12:57 How can I achieve what you are showing with your screenshot?
1. Drop folder
2. Match against TheTVDB

I understand that you get different results. Perhaps you could take a screenshot of those different results. If you recreate the same test case that I have, then you too will get the same results. But you have a slightly different use case so you get slightly different results. I can't recreate your use case based on the limited information you have provided so far.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Alright, thank you very much!