Rename DVR content

Support for Windows users
rednoah
The Source

Rename DVR content

Post by rednoah »

Nick Osdale-Popa wrote: (I tried submitting this on the FileBot forums, but kept getting an Internal Server Error)

So I finally, FINALLY, have a Plex Server up and running.
I'm initially using it as a DVR.
My current DVR software is BeyondTV, so I have a lot of TV content from that system.

Would FileBot be the "go to" tool to rename my BeyondTV files so that Plex can properly index them? Here is the file format from BeyondTV:

X:\TV\Family Guy-(Wild Wild West)-2020-11-22-0.tp
(Note no show/season folders - basically a flat folder)

There is also a chapter file (commercials) that goes along with the file:

Family Guy-(Wild Wild West)-2020-11-22-0.tp.chapters.xml

Since this is a transition period of switching from BeyondTV to Plex, I intend to be using both systems until I'm completely switched to Plex, thus I need to keep the chapter file named the same as the show for BeyondTV to recognize the commercial marks.

What options are at my disposal?

(If Filebot can convert my massive library of TV recordings, I'll be more than happy to buy the lifetime purchase!)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename DVR content

Post by rednoah »

Whether or not FileBot works well for you depends largely and specifically on the files you have. Best to run lots of tests before making the decision to purchase or not:
viewtopic.php?t=11790

The $6 per year license is strongly recommended for everyone regardless of use case. Low risk for everyone involved.

This specific test case should work just fine, but just because it works for one specific set of files does not necessarily mean (though it might) that it also works flawlessly for other test cases:

Code: Select all

Family Guy-(Wild Wild West)-2020-11-22-0.tp
Family Guy-(Wild Wild West)-2020-11-22-0.tp.chapters.xml

:idea: Note that you can create a second structure for Plex using hardlinks, while keeping the original structure untouched, i.e. you can have the same file twice (or many times) without using additional physical disk space.

NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

Thanks for posting this on my behalf! The hardlinks option looks promising!
Searching the forums, it looks as though I would use --action duplicate to create the symlink/hardlink. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to use --action hardlink to make sure it fails if it can't hardlink.
NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

OK, trying my first test, I've run the following to try the hardlink, but it didn't work

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/BeyondTV" --action hardlink -non-strict "R:/Shared Videos/TV/_Nick" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt movieFormat="{plex}" seriesFormat="{plex}"
Here's the log file

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Dec 24 18:42:00 GMT-08:00 2020]
Parameter: excludeList = amc.txt
Parameter: movieFormat = {plex}
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Argument[0]: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick
Use excludes: E:\BeyondTV\amc.txt (0)
Skip small video file: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Fallon-Tight Pants.mp4 [21 MB]
Skip short video: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\MC-Tight Pants.mp4 [PT3M49.629S]
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Elementary - s03e04 - Bella (1).mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Ender's Game.mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Man of Steel.mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s02e08 - The Things We Bury (1).mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4
Input: R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4
Group: {Series=elementary} => [Elementary - s03e04 - Bella (1).mp4]
Group: {Movie=Ender's Game (2013), Series=null} => [Ender's Game.mp4]
Group: {Movie=Man of Steel (2013), Series=null} => [Man of Steel.mp4]
Group: {Series=marvels agents of s h i e l d} => [Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s02e08 - The Things We Bury (1).mp4]
Group: {Movie=The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012), Series=null} => [The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4, The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4]
Group: {Movie=The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013), Series=null} => [The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate]
Lookup via [Elementary]
Fetching episode data for [Elementary]
Fetching episode data for [Hero Elementary]
Fetching episode data for [EXOMENTARY]
Fetching episode data for [EXOmentary]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Elementary - s03e04 - Bella (1).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Elementary\Season 03\Elementary - S03E04 - Bella.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Elementary - s03e04 - Bella (1).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Elementary\Season 03\Elementary - S03E04 - Bella.mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Elementary\Season 03\Elementary - S03E04 - Bella.mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Elementary - s03e04 - Bella (1).mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Ender's Game.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Ender's Game.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Ender's Game (2013)\Ender's Game (2013).mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Ender's Game.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Ender's Game (2013)\Ender's Game (2013).mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Ender's Game (2013)\Ender's Game (2013).mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Ender's Game.mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Auto-detect movie from context [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Man of Steel.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Man of Steel.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Man of Steel.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\Man of Steel (2013)\Man of Steel (2013).mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Man of Steel.mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate]
Lookup via [Marvels Agents of S H I E L D]
Fetching episode data for [Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s02e08 - The Things We Bury (1).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 02\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E08 - The Things We Bury.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s02e08 - The Things We Bury (1).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 02\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E08 - The Things We Bury.mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\TV Shows\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 02\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E08 - The Things We Bury.mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - s02e08 - The Things We Bury (1).mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Auto-detect movie from context [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4]
Auto-detect movie from context [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey(HD).mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012)\The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (2012).mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ An Unexpected Journey.mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Auto-detect movie from context [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013)\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013).mp4]
[HARDLINK] from [R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4] to [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013)\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013).mp4] failed due to I/O error [E:\BeyondTV\Movies\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013)\The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug (2013).mp4 -> R:\Shared Videos\TV\_Nick\The Hobbit_ The Desolation of Smaug.mp4: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]
Processed 0 files
Finished without processing any files
Abort (×_×)
I'll also be running this process repeatedly on the same folder (until such time that I stop recording from BeyondTV).

What do I need to change in my command?

If I want it to process the small files I believe I would append minFileSize=0 and minLengthMS=0.
Once I get this working should I also append excludeLink=y?

Will I need to remove amc.txt on the next run (no files were process according to the log)?

Any other suggestions?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

NickBurns wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 03:11 What do I need to change in my command?
You need to use --action copy.

:idea: You can't hardlink files across file systems. Moreover, you can't hardlink files over SMB remote file systems:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link

[HARDLINK] from [...] failed due to I/O error [The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive]

NickBurns wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 03:11 If I want it to process the small files I believe I would append minFileSize=0 and minLengthMS=0.
Yes. You can fine-tune the numbers for your use case.

NickBurns wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 03:11 Once I get this working should I also append excludeLink=y?
--def excludeLink=y is not applicable for your use case. Please continue to use --def excludeList.

NickBurns wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 03:11 Will I need to remove amc.txt on the next run (no files were process according to the log)?
--def excludeList prevents you from accidentally processing the same files over and over and over. It also prevents you from trying to and failing to process the same files over and over and over. You may need to delete individual lines if you want to process certain files again.
NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

Thanks

The destination drive will not have enough space for all the files (I have several NAS boxes to rename), so it looks like I will need to -rename the files in place, or should I -action move the files to ""R:/Shared Videos/TV" (etc on the various drives)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

-rename is just the command, which can then be coupled with any --action. It just so happens that --action defaults to move if left unspecified. There is no "rename" action because "move" and "rename" are the same action from your computers point of view.

:!: Note that "move" operations are only instant if the file doesn't physically go from one drive to another. If you move from E:\ to R:\ then your Windows PC will first download the file from E:\ to your local PC, and then upload the file to R:\ even if E:\ and R:\ happen to be shares on the same NAS or even files on the same file system.

:idea: If you can run filebot on the NAS, and if you're not using the GUI anyway, then you'll want to consider running filebot on device (and this may also allow you to create hardlinks, assuming that files remain on the same file system).
NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

That last point is interesting ... how do I run it on my NAS? I'm assuming you don't mean by running a cmd prompt

My NAS devices are:
  • WD MyCloudEX2Ultra
  • WD MyCloudEX4100
  • Netgear ReadyNAS NV+
  • Buffalo LinkStation
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, out of luck with those devices (unless they're running Linux, and you have root access, and you're very adept at Linux) since FileBot only supports Synology NAS and QNAP NAS as far as NAS devices are concerned.
NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

Darn.
OK, so if I'm going to move the files and my new drive will not hold all the files will my command look something like this:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/BeyondTV" --action move -non-strict "E:/Media" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt movieFormat="{plex}" seriesFormat="{plex}" minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Should work. Add --action TEST and give it a spin.
NickBurns

Post by NickBurns »

Here's my command

filebot -script fn:amc --output "R:/Shared Videos/Media" --action MOVE -non-strict "R:/Shared Videos/TV" --log-file "E:/BeyondTV/EX2ULTRA.log" --def excludeList="E:/BeyondTV/EX2ULTRA.txt" movieFormat="{plex}" seriesFormat="{plex}" minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0
It recognized, at my guess, about 95% of the files from this particular folder - I'm fine with that.

However, it completely ignored the xml chapter files as outlined at the beginning of this thread. :?

Here's my log
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The amc script does not include non-video files for processing and thus won't process your companion files.

You can:
A. Use --apply import to copy along companion files
B. Use filebot -rename and pass both video files and companion files as input arguments
C. Use the GUI and load in both video files and companion files

:arrow: I'd recommend using the GUI for one-off tasks.