Recover Deleted Preset

Support for Windows users
jerome

Recover Deleted Preset

Post by jerome »

I accidentally hit delete preset instead of save preset with my mouse.

I have still not closed the filebot program. Is there a key combination that will undo the preset deletion?

I looked in the registry and the preset is not there. I looked in the file preferences.backup.xml and it has an older version from several days ago but not the most recent version.

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.2 (r8040)
JNA Native: 6.1.0
MediaInfo: 20.08
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2020-12-01 (r724)
Groovy: 3.0.5
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15
JFX: OpenJFX 15+9
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 4.8 GB Max Memory / 1.6 GB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 775 GB  
DATA: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License PXXXXXXXX (Valid-Until: 2021-01-09)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Recover Deleted Preset

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, you will not be able to recover a deleted preset, other than restoring from preferences.backup.xml which is only updated once a month.

EDIT:

Presumably, you only care about your complex custom Format, and not the Preset as a whole. If you're using the Format Editor, then you may be able to restore a recently confirmed format:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 Q: Can I quickly switch to a previously used naming scheme?
Yes. Please click the Change Format button Image and then select one of the previously used custom formats from the list.

:idea: If you have a large custom format, then you may prefer to maintain that via an external text file and then push that to your GitHub repository regularly:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jerome

Re: Recover Deleted Preset

Post by jerome »

Thought that would be the answer. Luckily I found an offline version that only required a few tweaks.

Didn't know about being able to pull the format in by file. That is much safer than editing within the preset itself.

Thanks once again for your program and your help. I'll definitely be renewing for another year.

J