Actors Binding

Support for Windows users
jerome

Actors Binding

Post by jerome »

For stand up comedy I use the following snippet -- grabbed from the forums -- as a subfolder.

Code: Select all

{actors.take(1).collect { i -> "$i" }.join(', ') + '/'}  
I have also tested just using {actors} as well.

I found several stand up comedy movies in themoviedb.org that have the Person field completed but no Character name. In these instances, the {actors} binding returns no value. To get the binding to return a value requires entering a value into the Character field, such as Self.

Here is an example of such a movie, which I have not yet updated:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/696490 ... _item=cast

I was expecting that the {actors} binding would be looking in the Person field to return a value. I remember visiting a page that defined the bindings, but can no longer remember where that is, so I'm assuming that this binding only returns a value if both the Person field and the Character field are complete. On themoviedb.org the Character name is not a required field when a Person is entered. Thus, should the {actors} bindings requirements be adjusted, or do you consider the dataset to be incomplete and thus should be updated?

Thanks

J
rednoah
The Source

Re: Actors Binding

Post by rednoah »

{actors} does indeed require actors to have a non-null character field. Probably for a reason, but I'll look into it and see if that check is really necessary.

:arrow: In the meanwhile, this should work:

{info.crew.name}

{info.crew[0].name}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

maybe ?

{any{info.crew.find{!it.department && !it.actor}.name}{actors.take(1).collect { i -> "$i" }.join(', ')}}
or

{any{info.crew.find{it.department == null}.name}{actors.take(1).collect { i -> "$i" }.join(', ')}}
jerome

Post by jerome »

Kim

Both of those worked on the sample I had.

Thanks
J
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.