Labeling seasons as years (e.g. S2017E06)

Support for Windows users
MTVSlick

Labeling seasons as years (e.g. S2017E06)

Post by MTVSlick »

I am having tv series such as Mythbusters labeling seasons as years rather than S01, S02, etc...

example: "MythBusters - S2017E06 - Dead Body Double" instead of "MythBusters - s04e06 - Cell Phone on Airplanes" it never seems to get the episodes name right when it does this but only on a few.

I have searched the forums but my terminology might be off so I can not find anything about this. Any assistance would be appreciated. thank you
rednoah
The Source

Re: renaming question

Post by rednoah »

:idea: If the SxE numbers don't make sense (i.e. don't match the database) then you will likely get mismatches.

Although badly numbered files are indeed tricky, it does seem to work out-of-the-box in this particular case:

Code: Select all

filebot -rename 'MythBusters - S2017E06 - Dead Body Double.mkv' --db TheTVDB -non-strict --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [MythBusters - S2017E06 - Dead Body Double.mkv] to [MythBusters - 2017x06 - Dead Body Double.mkv]

Code: Select all

filebot -rename 'MythBusters - S2017E06 - Dead Body Double.mkv' --db TVmaze -non-strict --action TEST --log INFO
[TEST] from [MythBusters - S2017E06 - Dead Body Double.mkv] to [Mythbusters - 20x06 - Dead Body Double.mkv]
TheTVDB uses 2017x06 and thus things fall in place naturally. TVmaze uses 20x06 but surprisingly still works, probably due to partial number match and episode title match.

:arrow: Please provide additional file paths for testing that don't work out-of-the-box already.

:arrow: Please read FAQ #2 for details on how to deal with tricky files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.