Need help stopping the files from moving after rename

Support for Windows users
imnotgoodatthis

Need help stopping the files from moving after rename

Post by imnotgoodatthis »

Hi, I am really, really NOT good at this stuff. Very limited knowledge about tech stuff, so would really appreciate help.

When I rename a file it moves it to Z:\C\Users\NAME\Media\Movies. I don't want it to move and I found some directions but I don't understand how to do it.

Could anyone help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Need help stopping the files from moving after rename

Post by rednoah »

Where do you want files to move? Set your format accordingly.

e.g.

Code: Select all

X:/Media/{plex}

:idea: Please read FAQ #1 and learn how format expressions work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
imnotgoodatthis

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to get this to work. What I do is download stuff to Z:. I want to rename it and keep it there because I then copy the file to my backup external hard drive. Then I cut/paste it to my Movies/Shows folder.

I tried this: I clicked match, on the bottom clicked format. I want to rename it and keep it there. What I want to do is then copy the file to my backup external drive, then I cut/paste it into the correct Movies/Shows folder. I want it renamed.

I changed to Z:\. I drop a file in, match it, then when I click rename it says this about a conflict: https://i.imgur.com/1bj843Q.jpg

I skip it, rename it, it says this the destination path already exists. I skip. It still moves it to Z:\C\Users\NAME\Media\Movies.I don't want this C: thing, it's a lot of unnecessary clicks.

I have limited tech knowledge. Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong?
imnotgoodatthis

Ok I messed around and clicked to change it to this: {n} - {s00e00} - {t}. I

I don't know what that is but it kept my files where they are renamed every episode. It kept them separated by season folders but it didn't rename the folders. Is there something I can change that does this but also names folders?

(Can I just be honest and tell you all I've got a mental disability? I suck at tech shit. Need help, much appreciated.)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I recommend using this custom format:

Z:/Media/{plex}
imnotgoodatthis

Ok I entered it like this:

I click Use Format.

I drag a movie in, match it, and it puts in in the Z:\C\Users\NAME\Media\Movies

I don't want it moved to the Z:\C\...thing, can I stop that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You need to configure Z:/Media/{plex} as both Episode Format and Movie Format. You have configured Z:/Media/{plex} as Episode Format, but Movie Format which remains unchanged and misconfigured to whatever you pasted in there last time.

:arrow: Use the ← ... → on the lower left to switch to Movie Format and then configure Z:/Media/{plex}.
imnotgoodatthis

Thank you very much for helping me but I don't think I can get it working. Sorry if what I want isn't a thing but I tried to say I wanted it to rename the files/folders and not move them from Z:\. I want to rename them then copy/paste one to my backup hard drive.

So I put it like this:

But doesn't the top show it moves them into my entire Plex folder for Movies? I was hoping not to move them.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. This format will organize files into the recommended file and folder structure. Please do that. If you want to do something different, then it'll get technical, which we'll want to avoid in this case.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

For Movies I Use

I use this mask to rename movies in current folder (in plex structure) without moving them.

{folder}/{n.colon(' - ').replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y}){folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' [3D]':''}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}

I use this mask to rename movies and create movie folder in current parent folder structure (in plex structure but fix movie folder to match movie).

{folder.dir}/{n.replaceAll(/^\s*(?:The|An|A)\s+/).replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y}){folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' [3D]':''}\{n.colon(' - ').replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y}){folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' [3D]':''}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}

I use this mask to rename and move movies after i downloaded them to move them to cleaned folders. You can just change the folder and drive upfront as needed.

D:\BitTorrent\Renamed_Cleaned\Movies {folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' 3D':''}\{n.replaceAll(/^\s*(?:The|An|A)\s+/).replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y}){folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' [3D]':''}\{n.colon(' - ').replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y}){folder.name.upper()+'/'+f.name.upper() =~/3D/?' [3D]':''}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}

In time you will move away from the simple {plex}, so you might as well take the plunge now.

For TV Series I Use

{folder}/{n.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}

{folder.dir}/{n.replaceAll(/^\s*(?:The|An|A)\s+/).replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y})\Season {s.pad(2)}\{n.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}

D:\BitTorrent\Renamed_Cleaned\Tv Series\{n.replaceAll(/^\s*(?:The|An|A)\s+/).replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} ({Y})\Season {s.pad(2)}\{n.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(':',' - ').replaceAll(/\u0022/, '\'').replaceAll(/[:|]/, '.').replaceAll(/\p{InCombiningDiacriticalMarks}+/, '').replaceAll(/\u2013/,' - ').replaceAll(/\?/,'')}{'.Pt'+pi}{'.['+vf}{'.'+hd}{'.'+bitdepth+'bit'}{'.'+vc}{'.'+any{source.lower().upperInitial()}{'None'}+']'}{'.['+channels}{'.'+ac+']'}{f.name.upper() =~/RIFFTRAX/? '.'+any{audioLanguages+'Rifftrax'}{'[Unknown, Rifftrax]'}:'.'+any{audioLanguages}{'[Unknown]'}{audioLanguages}}{audioLanguages.size() > 1 ? '.[Multi Audio-'+audiolanguages.size()+']' : null}{subt}