Error: Could not Create Java Virtual Machine

Support for Windows users
GreenLantern81

Error: Could not Create Java Virtual Machine

Post by GreenLantern81 »

Hi!

I restarted my computer and got this message when im trying to run Filebot Portable 4.9.2:
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal execption has occurred. Program will exit.

I think it has to do with the windows environment variables options in windows!? But what do i exactly do to fix this? Im using Windows 10. I tried to install jdk-15.0.2_windows-x64_bin but that didnt change anything. Can i add something in the windows environment variables option in windows?
Please help!

Best Regards
Dennis
rednoah
The Source

Re: Error: Could not Create Java Virtual Machine

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried the MSI installer yet?

:idea: Both MSI installer and ZIP package include their own private JRE, so the JRE installed (or not) makes no difference.

:idea: Since the error message doesn't seem to say anything specific, I also can't tell you why it might not work. Best to Google the error message. My best guess would be invalid manually configured JAVA_OPTS environment variables, though I would expect a more telling error message in this case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GreenLantern81

Post by GreenLantern81 »

Hi!

I tried to google my error but didnt find anyting useful. Mostly for linux or synology errors.
My JAVA_OPTS says: -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=true if that helps :)

Do i seriously need to reinstall my computer in order to get this right? :shock:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Is this the complete console output? Or just last two lines?

Code: Select all

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal execption has occurred. Program will exit.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=1868

Looks good to me. But why not remove JAVA_OPTS for good measure? The useExtendedFileAttributes option is enabled by default anyway.

:!: Note that environment variable changes do not propagate to running processes. If you're doing trial & error testing, make sure to restart your machine for each test.

If you can pinpoint and fix the root cause of the issue, then you will not need to reinstall your computer.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GreenLantern81

Post by GreenLantern81 »

SOLVED!

In environment variables there were an option enabled that disabled xattr. That same option were added to the windows desktop shortcut!
Thank you for trying to help me!!