How to blank/reset "Select best match for" entries?

Support for Windows users
Mech_Man

How to blank/reset "Select best match for" entries?

Post by Mech_Man »

I am using the GUI to rename shows, and I misunderstood what the "Select best match for" dialog box meant when it popped up.

I thought it meant I should click "All" to confirm that all the different files listed were of the same series. I assumed this would be a function to save time in scanning the other "same series" files to be renamed.
I now understand that clicking on the "All" button designates, for the current file in focus, a renaming option to be remembered for future renaming sessions, just for the file in focus, regardless of the other files in the renaming dialog area.

How can my previous entries be reset to blank, so I can start over?

In the screen shot, I had, in the past been renaming "Extreme Ice Machines" while also renaming other shows, and now those other shows come up with "Extreme Ice Machines" as the first suggested renaming option.

https://snipboard.io/K0rcXb.jpg

Thanks for the super-useful program!

Code: Select all

SYSTEM INFORMATION
	FileBot 4.9.2 (r8046)
	JNA Native: 6.1.0
	MediaInfo: 20.08
	7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
	Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
	Extended Attributes: OK
	Unicode Filesystem: OK
	Script Bundle: 2020-12-01 (r724)
	Groovy: 3.0.6
	JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 15
	JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
	CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 60 MB Used Memory
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to blank/reset "Select best match for" entries?

Post by rednoah »

By entering a query manually and then selecting a corresponding series, you should be able to override a previously stored decision.

:arrow: See FAQ #2 on how to force manual query and selection:
https://www.filebot.net/manual.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mech_Man

Post by Mech_Man »

Thanks for the response, but I'd like to reset my entire history of my previous choices.

I'd been doing it wrong for quite a few choices, and now ever time I try to rename one of those shows, I get the "wrong" choice as a first option, for each show I try to rename that hadn't been "corrected" recently. This slows down the process quite a bit.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the Universe together
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess you could upgrade to the latest release or revision. That should reset the selection cache.
Mech_Man

Post by Mech_Man »

rednoah wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 16:57 I guess you could upgrade to the latest release or revision. That should reset the selection cache.
I'll give that a try. My copy hadn't notified me of a need to upgrade from my Win64 4.9.2 to 4.9.3 .
Actually, I'd normally prefer that such user- customizations would survive upgrades, especially the really minor ones.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.9.3 is available as Release Candidate, which may or may not turn into the final Stable Release unchanged after 1-2 weeks in the wild. The update notification will come after that.

These decisions don't even survive time. The reasoning being, that making / confirming these 1-2 second split decisions every half a year (e.g. once per season) is understandable, while being (often case unknowingly) forever locked into bad decisions long forgotten understandably leads to bad reviews. Additionally, there is the general expectation that upgrading / downgrading resolves all kinds of problems, and so we make that work. That's the behaviour we arrived at after confrontation with the end user... :roll: :lol: