I would like filebot to always set file Date on rename to Current date

Support for Windows users
HellPhantom

I would like filebot to always set file Date on rename to Current date

Post by HellPhantom »

I am using GUI interface and would like it to always set the modified date to current system date time when a file has been renamed.

I sometimes rename files in their current (location) or folder, so they are not moved only renamed, and then the dates are not set.
When they are moved the dates are set, I guess by windows.

Maybe I have been searching in all the wrong places but I could only find tons of people not wanting to set dates or trying to set it into the filename and that is not what I want.
I also know about the post process "Set create date" but it does not set current system date, so not what I want.

I don't know if there is something that could be set in environment variables, during startup or in one of the ini files e.g "filebot.launcher.l4j.ini"

Thanks so much.
rednoah
The Source

Re: I would like filebot to always set file Date on rename to Current date

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck for this particular use case if you're using the GUI, as the intended behaviour is not touch the Last-Modified time stamp.

:idea: FileBot does not change the date, and actively preserves the original Last-Modified date if we know in advance that some OS call implicitly updates Last-Modified. Any change to Last-Modified would be considered bad behaviour, since it interferes with 3rd party file system synchronization software.

:idea: If you were using the CLI, then -exec touch {f} would be an option.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
HellPhantom

Post by HellPhantom »

Sad.

I would not have seen this as stock standard behavior to do this but optional.

But very similar to post process "Set create date" but only Set (create or modify date to current system date).
I specifically want to trigger 3rd party software to do something.

The UI works very well and convenient for me and everything is working nicely together, I don't want more additional steps or to change to more scripts :( .
I can set it via other means but it no longer is convenient or smooth process.

I cant remember can the UI run a post processing script.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

HellPhantom wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 13:05 I cant remember can the UI run a post processing script.
Unfortunately, the UI does not support custom -exec commands.

:idea: If more users request this feature, then we may consider adding an additional standard Post Processing action in the GUI.

:idea: The history.xml file can be used to check which file has been processed when. So you could write a custom script to update time stamps based on history.xml information.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.