Please help with wrong tv series matches

Support for Windows users
Morgenstern72
Donor

Please help with wrong tv series matches

Post by Morgenstern72 »

I got more and more wrong detections for TV series and can't figure out why.

Examples
Expedition.Deep.Ocean.S01E01.Atlantic.Ocean.1080p.WEB.H264 -> Select best matches for "The Deep"
Aerial.Greece.Series.1.Part.1.The.Great.Archipelago.1080p.HDTV.x264.AAC -> Select best matches for "greece"
Shameless Hall of Shame S01E01 Episode 1 [1080p] -> auto renames wrongly, I can't select from any list, to "Shameless (US) (2011)/Season 01/..."

The preset I use
Use Original file selection
Expression: "../{n}{' ("'+net.filebot.WebServices.IMDb.scrape(imdbid, '''//SPAN[@class='title-extra']''').match('"(.+)"')+'")'} ({y})/{"Season ${s.pad(2)}"}/{n} {s00e00} {t} [{vf}]"
Datasource: TheTVDB (tried others too)
Language: English
Rename Action: Rename
Episode Order: Airdate
Match Mode: Opportunistic (tried strict too)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Please help with wrong tv series matches

Post by rednoah »

Those two work out of the box, but you may have to click Ignore when it's asking a seemingly stupid question:

Code: Select all

Expedition.Deep.Ocean.S01E01.Atlantic.Ocean.1080p.WEB.H264
Aerial.Greece.Series.1.Part.1.The.Great.Archipelago.1080p.HDTV.x264.AAC
:idea: Documentaries generally work less well. Due to being generally less popular, especially if they're brand new.

Shameless Hall of Shame doesn't work because it doesn't exist according to TheTVDB:
https://thetvdb.com/search?query=Shamel ... l+of+Shame

Shameless Hall of Shame S01E01 Episode 1 [1080p]
:idea: Brand new unpopular shows that have the same name as old popular shows generally work less well. Due to FileBot choosing the "best" match which is always wrong if the correct match doesn't exist yet.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 02:49 1.
Those two work out of the box, but you may have to click Ignore when it's asking a seemingly stupid question:

Expedition.Deep.Ocean.S01E01.Atlantic.Ocean.1080p.WEB.H264
Aerial.Greece.Series.1.Part.1.The.Great.Archipelago.1080p.HDTV.x264.AAC
Sadly they do not work out of the box for me, see the suggested matches in my post. I dont get where these matches come from. Why "The Deep" for "Expedition.Deep.Ocean." and "greece" for "Aerial.Greece"?
rednoah wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 02:49 2.
Shameless Hall of Shame doesn't work because it doesn't exist according to TheTVDB:
Ok, that explains that ;)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

"The Deep" is functionally equivalent to "Deep" which matches "<something> Deep". As for "greece" I don't even have an educated guess, other than it's a word that matches the file name.

EDIT:

AERiAL is a known release group, so "greece" becomes a query candidate, in addition to "arial greece", but that's the intended behaviour because we check both candidates, get some random results for "greece", do get a single good result for "arial greece", then continue with all the possible options from there.
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 02:49 2.
How can I get rid of the auto match it does? I cant select or skip, it just matches "Shameless". It's maybe my fault to mismatch this, but how can I get it undone?
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 07:42 "The Deep" is functionally equivalent to "Deep" which matches "<something> Deep". As for "greece" I don't even have an educated guess, other than it's a word that matches the file name.

AERiAL is a known release group
I just figures out, that when I press "skip" it extracts all correct information from the file names and the result is beautiful. I feel stupid now :(

"Aerial Greece" is a series about Greece shot from the air. There is also "Aerial America", "Aerial Cities" etc. Maybe you want to adjust Filebot so it recognizes when "Aerial" is in front?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Morgenstern72 wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 18:33 I just figures out, that when I press "skip" it extracts all correct information from the file names and the result is beautiful. I feel stupid now :(
Ah! When I wrote Click Ignore I meant Click Skip. My bad. Internally, it'll come up with multiple queries, but the good query presumably only yields one result, so FileBot is not asking about that one.

If you find other series names that don't work, just paste the file paths here so I can have a look in the debugger to see what can be done about it.
Morgenstern72
Donor

Post by Morgenstern72 »

rednoah wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 04:20 If you find other series names that don't work, just paste the file paths here so I can have a look in the debugger to see what can be done about it.
Thank you :)