Would like to delete or overwrite files not moved

Support for Windows users
mmedeir

Would like to delete or overwrite files not moved

Post by mmedeir »

Hi,

There are cases where I wind up with exact files in my input location and output destination. Not sure why, but there are certain cases where Filebot is copying my movies rather than moving them, leaving me with files in both locations. I deleted the exclusion file in attempts to have the files overwrite on future runs but I wind up with the below. For example:

Code: Select all

Failed to process [Z:\TransferMovies\The Wrong Trousers (1993).CD1.mp4] because [Z:\Movies\The Wrong Trousers (1993)\The Wrong Trousers (1993).mp4] is an exact copy and already exists [Last-Modified: Sat Apr 03 00:21:53 EDT 2021]
When this occurs I would like the the files in the input folder to be deleted. Is this possible? Below are my current scripts.

Code: Select all

Movies
filebot -script fn:amc --output "Z:" --action move --conflict override "Z:\TransferMovies" --def ut_label=movie --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt extra=y clean=y deleteAfterExtract=y subtitles=en --def kodi=host:8080

TV Shows 
"filebot -script fn:amc --output "//NAS/NAS" --action move --mode logical -non-strict "//NAS/NAS/transfer" --def extra=y clean=y deleteAfterExtract=y subtitles=en --def kodi=host:8080 --def seriesFormat=TV/"{n}/{episode.special ? 'Season 00' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}" --log-file amc.log --filter "age < 5 || 5 <= model.age.min()" --def "ut_label=TV""
Any help would be much appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Would like to delete or overwrite files not moved

Post by rednoah »

You can check for binary duplicates on demand independent of your amc script call:
viewtopic.php?p=23171#p23171

:idea: Checking for duplicates can be a resource intensive operation, and you'll want to run this operation on device if possible, rather than over the network. In general, I'd recommend adjusting your process instead to make sure you don't end up processing the exact same file twice.

:idea: The Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists [...] error message indicates a sanity check failure. As a result, FileBot will do nothing. You'll want consider and trace how you end up processing the exact same file with the exact same Last-Modified time stamp twice, as to double-check if your process is working as intended.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.