An unexpected error occurred during startup: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge

Support for Windows users
BuDMan1980

An unexpected error occurred during startup: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge

Post by BuDMan1980 »

Hello,
A couple weeks ago I purchased FileBot on the Windows App Store, and every time I try running it, absolutely nothing happens. It's as if I never even clicked it... No errors, no quick flash like it opened and closed, there's just no reaction at all. I tried opening it the normal way (Start Menu -> FileBot) and I tried by clicking Launch on the app's store page, and both ways have the same result.

I'm quite lost and I really hope I haven't wasted 50 bucks :cry: ... what are my options here?

BuDMan1980

Re: Windows App Won't Start

Post by BuDMan1980 »

Here's an update...
I tried running filebot from the command line, and here's what it said:

Code: Select all

>filebot
java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridge
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 1 more
Last edited by BuDMan1980 on 28 May 2021, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows App Won't Start

Post by rednoah »

BuDMan1980 wrote: 28 May 2021, 23:28

Code: Select all

Please try the latest beta and see if that works better for you on your machine:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/

:idea: The *-portable.zip should work on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box. If it works for you, then I can help issue a 1-year universal license for the time being while you figure things out with Microsoft Support. PM me with email address for that please.

BuDMan1980 wrote: 28 May 2021, 23:13 I'm quite lost and I really hope I haven't wasted 50 bucks :cry: ... what are my options here?
I'd happily offer a Refund, but only Microsoft Support Staff can do that if you've chosen to purchase from the Microsoft Store:
viewtopic.php?t=6118

:!: I would generally advice against using the Microsoft Store because the user-experience is generally bad once you run into any kind of issue:
viewtopic.php?t=6265
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.