Win10 Java error: net.filebot.media.MediaCharacteristics.getFrameRate

Support for Windows users
bpleat

Win10 Java error: net.filebot.media.MediaCharacteristics.getFrameRate

Post by bpleat »

Getting an error on several files:
Failed to parse media characteristics: (filename): java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.lang.Double.doubleValue()" because the return value of "net.filebot.media.MediaCharacteristics.getFrameRate()" is null

(I don't find "java.lang.Double.doubleValue" and "net.filebot.media.MediaCharacteristics.getFrameRate" elsewhere in the forum...)

I confirmed I have many files where Windows shows the "Frame Rate" property is empty. VLC has no problems playing the files.

Command line is: "C:\Program Files\Filebot\filebot" -get-subtitles -r "(path)" -non-strict --lang en --output srt --encoding utf-8
rednoah
The Source

Re: Win10 Java error: net.filebot.media.MediaCharacteristics.getFrameRate

Post by rednoah »

Looks like a warning to me. If FPS is undefined, and FileBot tries to read FPS for some reason, there'll be a warning that it couldn't read FPS, but that doesn't necessary prevent you from finding subtitles.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bpleat

Post by bpleat »

It might prevent further action (I didn't test), especially if it's trying to match up FPS against the subtitles?
In any case, the null looks like it's being treated as a Java error and should be caught and ignored (or treated as 30 or 24)... it's a relatively useless error.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r8695 will silently ignore this kind of warning at the default log level.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.