Font is very small

Support for Windows users
Montana

Font is very small

Post by Montana »

Hi - I purchased FileBot through the Windows 10 store. The font is too small to read. I looked at previous answers on this forum and it looks like the related posts are all about a previous issues that was fixed with Java 9 quite a few years ago. Any ideas about how I can fix this? Thanks!

Link to screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/8u6hOal

rednoah
The Source

Re: Font is very small

Post by rednoah »

You're currently using the Windows System Look-and-Feel, so the small font size might be caused by some Windows settings somewhere on your machine.

:arrow: You might be able to bypass the problem by forcing a different Look-and-Feel on your machine:
viewtopic.php?t=9827
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thank you, that fixed it! For people that are less technical, here are the exact instructions:

1) Visit the link and choose which look you want: viewtopic.php?t=9827
2) Copy the code for the look you want.
3) Click the windows icon in the lower-left corner to open the start menu.
4) Type "run" and click on the app
5) Paste the code in the box that appears and click OK.
6) Now the new UI should appear in FileBot, fixing the font issue.
themezz

Post by themezz »

any theme that just makes the font larger and changes nothing else?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

themezz wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 17:39 any theme that just makes the font larger and changes nothing else?
:?: Screenshots? What are you Windows settings? What is your preferred scale factor?

:idea: By default, everything should follow your Windows settings and just work. The OP with screenshot from 2 Aug 2021 shows an issue specific to that user / machine / Windows configuration, and is not how it would normally look for typical Windows users. Please include a screenshot to confirm that you are running into the same rare issue.
themezz

Post by themezz »

I can't understand how this can be a system wide setting on windows when *all* other software has perfectly fine font size, but filbot's is way too small.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

themezz wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 23:34 I can't understand how this can be a system wide setting on windows when *all* other software has perfectly fine font size, but filbot's is way too small.
If you can read the file names in Windows Explorer, but not in FileBot, then something is going awry, not working as intended. Since it works for mostly everyone else (i.e. most Windows users don't have this issue) we can make an educated guess that something is different on your machine. The easy solution is to upgrade Windows to the latest version and do a factory reset. The hard solution is figuring out what exactly is different between a pristine Windows install and your Windows install, through lots of Googling and grueling and time-consuming trial & error testing.

For reference, here is what FileBot is expected to look like on a pristine Windows 10 / 11 install. The font size in FileBot should be the same as the font size in Windows Explorer by default, and scale accordingly: